Folding Fabric

I took a break from scraps and decided to tackle yardage. I fold the fabric selvedge to selvedge and then wind it around my big ruler like this.

I found this in my vintage stash!

Here are a couple stacks of my vintage yardage.

I took the time to measure and label every single piece!

My future self will thank me! Now that I know what I have, I will be more likely to use it. I cleaned out some of my tall cabinets to store this yardage.

Looks like I will be working on my organization project all week. Bear with me!

This entry was posted in Fabric, Storage, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Folding Fabric

1. Mary C says:

Looking so good. If you are like me you will find some fabric that you forgot you had.

2. Great tip for folding yardage! I know I need to do this but keep procrastinating……

3. Ariane says:

You’ve got some lovely fabric in that stash of yours! Love it!

4. Val W says:

Your fabric looks so neat and tidy now. Is that tall white shelving unit an Ikea find?

5. Therese says:

Lovely….. keep up the good work……..

6. blackeyedsewsan says:

I love your progress/shares. Adore your vintage fabric-want to jump in & revel in it. Love Belgium!
    Need to get crackin’ on my disaster! Susan

7. Organization is so much work, but it’s so rewarding when done. It’s time for me to tackle some reorganization of my fabric, since I’ve added some new pieces and need a place for them. Today, though, I think I’m just going to sew. LOL

It looks great! Hugs,

9. Kathy D says:

You’re making wonderful headway! I also measure and label fabric in my stash; so much easier when selecting fabric for a project. Keep up the good work; you’re inspiring many of us to get a handle on our clutter.

10. Sharon says:

You are doing an incredible job! I envy your stash and storage space.

11. Vintage fabric…….drooling! A very nice system you have going.

12. Becky says:

Great idea for all of my fabric. I am waiting for my sewing studio to be built (it will be 24×24), so any ideas for my “stash” organization is helpful 😀

13. anudge says:

You are so organized!

14. Sandra B says:

Love your vintage stash, Katy!! Looking forward to seeing those fabrics appear in future projects!!
    Thanks for sharing….and, for inspiring those of us who need to do some organizing as well!

15. Oh boy, I am loving seeing everybody’s organization posts lately! Fun vintage fabrics you have!

16. Andrea H says:

That really is a fantastic way to fold your fabric. I reorganized my fabric a few months back, but glancing over at my closet, I can see it’s time to reorganize again. Happy sewing! –Andrea

17. I find organizing very inspiring…I almost always come away with a greater appreciation for what I have and several new ideas, too. Enjoy the process!

18. dezertsuz says:

What wonderful fabrics and happy organization!