I started working on a long overdue cleanup in the sewing room. I had to evict the dust bunnies. They were nearly as big as my dog! So I took the room section by section, cleared the area, mopped the floor, waited for it to dry, put furniture back and moved on to the next area. It took most of the day. But it feels good knowing every bit of furniture has been thoroughly dusted and cleaned under.
I have had quite a few plastic bins stacked under my ironing table and I decided I needed to tackle these as well. I started with a bin of batik scraps. I ironed them all and pulled out a few dies to use.
I threw out little bits like this:
Those strings are less than an inch wide. I have no idea why I saved them in the first place! When I was all done cutting the scraps, I remembered some batik fat quarters I had and chopped those up too. This is what I ended up with.
I’m putting this in with other bright scraps. I’m going to tackle my bin of reproduction 30s fabrics next.
Have a great day!