WIP Wednesday ~ 30s Stars

Remember this top?

I pieced it out in Arizona. I had planned to add borders, but then changed my mind. I put it on the frame and it languished there for several days. I wanted to quilt all over free hand feathers and practiced a bit on my whiteboard.

I turned the overhead lights off to take these pictures.

It isn’t exactly what I had in mind, but I don’t hate it either.

I took inspiration from this pantograph.

It is going fairly quickly and I’ve learned something, so there’s that.

Linking up with Quilt FabricationSew Fresh Quilts

This entry was posted in Bed Quilts, Free Motion Quilting, Long Arm Quilting, Longarm Quilting, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to WIP Wednesday ~ 30s Stars

1. PattiP says:

The quilt is beautiful with the delicate colors great match in the feathers

2. I love this quilt, so pretty!

3. Susan says:

Love the overall soft colors, with the splashes of red – so pretty! And a great choice of quilting design too!

4. gayleburton says:

I think your quilting is delightful! Hope I can get good at doing feathers some day!

5. Loris Mills says:

It looks wonderful! Such a lovely quilt and a great idea with the feathers. I’m trying to learn more freehand allover as well. I find it hard to keep a consistent look so will keep practicing. Thanks for the inspiration!

6. Sandra Croley says:

The quilting is wonderful….I’ll have to try it sometime!

7. Sharon says:

That quilt is gorgeous and your quilting looks fantastic! I love any kind of feathers and I’ve been thinking lately that some quilts definitely don’t need borders.

The quilting is pretty! The quilt is going to be lovely. Hugs,

9. Gail says:

What a bright and cheerful quilt. The feathers look great!

10. You did a great job on the freehand work! It’s very pretty, as usual!

11. Love the quilt soft colors!

12. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy,
    I love the fabrics in this quilt – it is so happy looking. You quilting matches your whiteboard draft very closely! I think you did a fabulous job, and I agree with your decision on no border (for what that’s worth). ~smile~ Roseanne

13. Terri Bertalan says:

It looks beautiful! I love that pantograph.

14. Kathy D says:

I think it’s gorgeous!

15. Beautiful quilt and quilting.