Finish It Up Friday ~ Let There Be Light

It seems like ages since I’ve had a finish to share. And I’m quite pleased with it as well.

I still wish I could move some of those tumblers around, but that ain’t happening.

I used a 60 wt Glide thread to quilt this and it blended quite well overall.

Here are a few details of the quilting.

The backing is from a fitted sheet I had on hand. The binding is from the same piece.

I decided to call this, Let There Be Light because when God spoke those words, not only was light created, but color as well.

Have a wonderful, colorful weekend!

Linking up with Busy Hands QuiltsCrazy Mom QuiltsConfessions of a Fabric AddictJanda Bend Quilts

This entry was posted in Finishes, Free Motion Quilting, Fresh Modern Quilts, Long Arm Quilting, Longarm Quilting, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Let There Be Light

1. Mary Redrick says:

It is a beautiful quilt! Love the colors and the quilting!!!

2. PattiP says:

I love this combo of a quilt! I was just thinking about doing some more graffiti quilting too. Love what you did! I also love the thought of color created with light. Makes a lot of sense

3. JanineMarie says:

Wonderful name for this beautiful quilt! The close-ups are spectacular–combination of great quilting and perfect lighting. (Well, isn’t that fitting!) I haven’t tried Glide, but I like how this looks. Did you use a color or is it clear?

4. That’s a real beauty!!

5. Patti Kilcullen says:

I love it!

6. Carie says:

what a lovely play on colour – and the name suits it perfectly!

7. Thanks for showing so many quilting pictures! That was fun to view! Love your comment about light and color being created together. I never thought of it that way before!

8. Its gorgeous! And nope, you’re definitely not moving any blocks at this point!

9. Kathryn says:

Love the colours in it and it looks gorgeous under the tree.

10. Gail Pendry says:

What color thread did you use?

11. Absolutely beautiful – the movement of the colors are what make the quilt and your quilting really fits the quilt!

12. anudge says:

Wonderful quilt made more stunning with your quilting. Love it.

13. Wow! How beautiful. I would have never thought of using tumblers to make a colorwash, but this is stunning. So is that quilting!

14. Barbara says:

This is beautiful. It looks reversible-the back is as lovely as the front.

15. Sharon says:

What a fun and colorful quilt! Beautiful quilting too.

16. Sue says:

WOW!!! Amazing quilting on this Katy, you are an artist. The flow is wonderful, what a great quilt and I love the name, so appropriate.

17. Mari says:

So pretty! It just glows from the inside out. (Never thought about color being created along with light. Interesting theological point!)

18. That is stunning!!!!

Your quilt is gorgeous! I love how you placed all the colors. Your quilting is wonderful. Hugs,

20. Wow — I am guessing that you just went wild with a variety of free motion motifs? Your quilting totally rocks! I have a couple of quilts in waiting and wonder if I have the nerve to try this approach. I certainly LOVE the results.

21. I love the colors and the light of this quilt, Katy! Such a nice quilt, and happy colors to work with for you right now. Well done!

22. Val W says:

I love the glow of this quilt. And the quilting, well, no words do it justice. Fantabulous!

23. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy,
    Beautiful finish to a beautiful quilt. I like to think that light is easing the pain in you and your family’s hearts as well. You inspire me to keep on plugging away with new quilting techniques – maybe someday I can try a pattern similar to yours. ~smile~ Roseanne

24. Kathy D says:

“Gorgeous” is the word that comes to mind; what fantastic quilt! Love how you arrived at the name – so appropriate.

25. smilesfromkate says:

What a beautiful rainbow of colour, and the quilting, wow, it must have taken ages. It is so wonderful.

26. Lovely. I love the movement of colors and the quilting is amazing.

27. Oh to see this quilted! And in the sunlight it looks so vibrant! Very nice finish indeed!

28. April says:

Wow! Your quilt is spectacular! I love the colors and of course the quilting. What weight thread did you use? Is it free motion quilting? Thanks for linking up.

29. Ariane says:

This quilt is beautiful! I love the quilting and how you set the colours! I love it!!