Tumbler Progress

I mentioned yesterday that I had made progress on this top. I put it in the frame so I couldn’t do anything else until it was done.

I wanted to start quilting in the middle, so I basted the edges and horizontal lines across the top.

These basting lines are done at 4 stitches per inch and this allows me to roll the quilt back and forth on the frame without any shifting.

I did a little sketching first.

I even drew some basic starting shapes on the top with a disappearing marker.

But as usual, I mostly ignored my markings.

I finished the handstitching of the binding during our travels. Come back on Friday to see the finish.

Linking up with Sew Fresh QuiltsQuilt Fabrication

This entry was posted in Free Motion Quilting, Long Arm Quilting, Longarm Quilting, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Tumbler Progress

1. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy,
    Beautiful colors in your choice of fabrics – it is just happy looking. Your quilting is fabulous also – I wonder what’s on the back?! I’ll have to wait patiently for Friday to see. ~smile~ Roseanne

2. Kathy D says:

Looks like it’ll be worth the wait! Like Roseanne, I’m patiently waiting for Friday…

3. Val W says:

Your quilting looks fabulous. I can’t wait to see the finished beauty!

4. Jayne says:

I love this! And of course, your quilting is amazing! Tumblers is on my list, has been for a long, long time! I guess I need to get a template and get to work!

5. Terri Bertalan says:

Just love the tumblers and the awesome colors. Anxiously awaiting the reveal on Friday. I have to ask…Why start in the middle? I didn’t even realize that was an option with the longarm.

6. Oh my gosh – I love that!! and your quilting is going to look amazing on it!!

7. Janet O. says:

Gorgeous quilting!! : )

8. Sharon says:

This is going to look awesome and you will be so happy once it is done. How big are your tumblers?

9. It’s beautiful, both the quilt and quilting! This would be a great use of a Gravity quilt kit!

10. Susan says:

Pretty, pretty, pretty! Both in colors and in quilting – thank you for sharing this today on Midweek Makers!

11. Andrea H says:

I’m looking forward to Friday and seeing the finish! It looks fantastic from everything I have seen so far. –Andrea

12. Ooooooo your quilting is magnificent! How long does it take you to quilt a quilt like this with your free motion technique?

13. Rachel says:

Pretty! I like the gradient of the tumblers!

14. Going to be a work of art!

15. Melanie says:

Love the quilt – especially the colors – and the quilting looks great. It’s always good to have a plan… one can always ignore it later šŸ™‚

Visiting from Let’s Bee Social