DWMonday ~ Log Cabins

We are finally home! It feels wonderful.

I went home for a few days before my dad’s memorial service. I did a little sewing and managed to finish the log cabins I worked on in the hotel.

Now to decide how to set them.

No idea what to do.

Have a great day.

Linking up with Small Quilts and Doll QuiltsLove Laugh QuiltCooking Up Quilts

This entry was posted in Design Wall Monday, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to DWMonday ~ Log Cabins

1. Deb says:

I LOVE the last lay out! It shows off the green instead of making it look like a misfit.

2. Welcome home Katy! You have so many options for layout, but the last one really grabbed my attention. I love the surprise of the green block. Have fun putting this one together!

3. Beautiful quilt. My vote is picture #3, the one with the green corners arranged to look like they are framing the center. All of the layouts are lovely and either will make a statement. Great job.

4. Anne says:

That’s the only trouble with quarter-square log cabin blocks – too many options! Love the way the final one that highlights the green.

5. The possibilities are endless! You really can’t do wrong, these blocks are so beautiful. But I kind of prefer the greens all together, as in the first or last examples. I look forward to seeing what you choose.

6. Judy Hansen says:

I like the 4th pic and the last picture. The fun of playing on the design wall-one of the perks of being a quilter. Thanks for linking up with Design Wall Mondays.

7. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy,
    I’m glad you’re home, too. Wow – so many choices on the layout. I’m not offering an opinion – I would have a hard time choosing – but I look forward to seeing which one you do. ~smile~ Roseanne

8. I have to say I really like the last one. It makes that green just pop, and it’s a bit of an unexpected design, which is fun. I hope you have a quiet and peaceful week of sewing!

9. Carol says:

Right away picture #3 became my favorite.

10. Carol C. says:

I like the last one the best! What beautiful blocks — I love anything log cabin.

11. Louise says:

Definitely, the last one. It gives the green a ta da moment…

12. I like the last layout the best – totally unique! Glad you got some stitching in

13. Alison says:

The last layout is my favorite! 🙂

14. I like Number 3!!! Glad you are home safe and sound. Sorry about your Dad.

15. Ursula says:

Have you considered a star with the green ones in the center? Have fun “playing”. The possibilities really are endless.

16. Jan Horn says:

I like picture number 4. Sorry about your dad and your father-in-law. You’ve been in my prayers.

17. Kate says:

I like the last setting, very unexpected. Very sorry for your recent losses.

18. Andrea H says:

I think my favorite is the last setting. But you really can’t go wrong with whatever you decide. That’s one of the beautiful things about quilting…every design is so beautiful in its own right. So sorry about the losses in your life. I hope your quilting is helping to bring a little peace into your life right now. –Andrea

19. dezertsuz says:

I definitely like the third setting photo the best. They are all okay, but I like the symmetry of that one, while it challenges tradition. The last would be my second choice, but it isn’t a close call at all. =)

20. Hi Katy! I am enjoying your blog:). It sounds like this quilt will be a treasured memory Quilt. The last one seems to symbolize that one outstanding person in your life:). –Tracy

21. All great layouts, but I think the one with the green centre is my first choice.