Vintage Quilts

Mr. Wonderful and I have traveled far and wide this past week. First to Wisconsin for my dad’s memorial service and then to Missouri for his dad’s service. Both were beautiful, happy, sad times. It is easier knowing they are both free of pain and dancing with Jesus, but they will be greatly  missed.

We stopped at a couple antique malls when we needed driving breaks. Of course, I looked for quilty stuff. None of these things followed me home, but it’s always fun to look!

This next top was out of my budget, though it was tempting!

This quilt made from souvenir hankies was pretty cool.

I always enjoy finding doll quilts too.

We are still on the road and expect to be home tonight. Thank you again for all the kind words and comments. Your prayers have made this difficult time easier by far.

I hope you all have a peaceful day.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Vintage Quilts. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Vintage Quilts

1. Ariane says:

These vintage quilts are beautiful! I bought a vintage quilt for $1 a few weeks back and the batting has completely disintegrated. The top itself is in very good condition. Would it be bad for me to take it apart and re-quilt it, with new cotton batting. The quilt is from the 30’s. What do you think? Also, I’m very sorry for your loses. My prayers are with you and your family.

2. I hope you have some quiet, restful days ahead, to sooth you after the past week. The quilts are lovely; I would have been terribly tempted by that double wedding ring! Welcome home, Katy 🙂

3. karenlogcabinquilter says:

I like the quilt with the state handkerchiefs. Was there one for each state or maybe just those purchased for states visited in?

4. janicekholton says:

Sounds like you are enjoying a relaxing trip home. Good for you. Thank you for sharing the beautiful sites! Some very interesting patterns going on there.

5. Sharon says:

Beautiful double wedding ring quilt! Love to see nice vintage quilts. Good to see you back here and glad to hear that you’re having a relaxing ride home.

6. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy,
    You have been on my mind all week. {{Hugs}} Oh, that hanky quilt is SO cool. I have always seen those in souvenir shops forever – makes me wish I had collected them myself just to make that quilt. HAHA Safe travel wishes and prayers continue your way. ~smile~ Roseanne

7. dezertsuz says:

I’m glad you could have those time-outs. Thank you for sharing the quilts you found. Safe travels as you wend your way home from this sad week.

8. PattiP says:

I really like the hankie quilt too. you’ve been in my mind therefore in my prayers too.