Free at Last

Yesterday, my Dad met Jesus face to face.

6/16/1941- 6/29/2017

70 Responses to Free at Last

1. Anne says:

Please accept my deepest sympathy. Sending along comforting thoughts as you adjust to life without your wonderful dad.

2. Heidi says:

Sorry for your loss. I hope you are surrounded by love, with many hugs available. My thoughts & prayers are with you & your family.

3. Paula says:

So sorry Katy! You and your family will be in my prayers! Paula

4. Roma says:

The loss of a parent is one of the hardest thing to go through. Your Dad is no longer in any pain and he is waiting for the rest of his family to meet him again in the New Jerusalem.. What a great day that will be.. How wonderful!!

5. Edwina Finet says:

I’m so sorry to hear of your loss. The picture reveals all the good qualities of a beautiful soul. May your faith and memories sustain you during this period of grieving.

6. So sorry for you and all your family.

7. NorahS says:

So sorry for your loss. Prayers for peace.

8. rl2b2017 says:

Oh Katy. {{{Hugs}}} a bunch for you and your family. What a lovely picture. Many, many prayers and I cannot help but cry (with you). Roseanne

9. Carol Evans says:

Prayers to you and your family

10. Diana says:

Katy so sorry for your loss. Sending hugs and prayer for you and your family. May the many happy memories of your Dad help you through this difficult time.

11. Diane says:

AMEN! What a lovely picture of your Dad. You resemble him.

12. So sorry that you lost your Father at a young age. He looks like a sweet man. Difficult times, but no more suffering. Peace be with you and your family in the time of sadness. Take care..

13. Barb says:

So sorry for your loss but glad that you dad’s suffering in this life is over! Saying prayers for you and your family for comfort at this time of loss?
    Barb in Kansas

14. Zenda says:

I’m so sorry to hear about your father’s passing. I’ll be praying that your dad finds the peace of God’s love and that God wraps his comforting arms around you all during this sad time.

15. Terri Bertalan says:

Very sorry to hear about your Dad, but he’s in a much better place. Prayers for you and your family.

16. Val W. says:

So sorry to hear of your father’s passing, Katy.

17. Katy, Having lost my dad a few years ago, I know how you’re feeling right now. My condolences and sincere prayers for lots of comforting thoughts in the coming days. Do you know the song, “What A Day That Will Be?”

18. Sheri Kullmer Lesh says:

So very sorry to hear this news…..but rejoice in his home going. May the Lord meet your every need and that of your family. Hugs!

19. Kathy says:

I am so sorry for your loss and happy for your dad.

20. dezertsuz says:

I’m sorry for your loss. I know this is so difficult.

21. Bambi Pearson says:

So sorry for your lost. May God comfort you and your family at this time. God bless.re

22. I’m so sorry for your loss, Katy. Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

23. quiltipatti says:

i’m sorry for your loss but glad your dad has met Jesus. hopefully prayers and lots of good memories will help you through the rough patches. take care. patti in florida

24. I’m so sorry for your loss! My thoughts are with you and your family.

25. Sandra B says:

Katy, I am so sorry for your loss. While you knew it was coming, it is still hard to let go. Lean on your family and friends for comfort and support. May God bless you and comfort you as you go through this difficult time. Your Dad will live on in all the memories. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

26. Jan Horn says:

So sorry for your loss. You’re in my thoughts and prayers.

27. Jan Smith says:

God bless him, and all of you who love him.

28. Katy, I am so sorry for your loss, but so glad you have treasure in heaven! Praying that the God of all comfort will comfort your hearts and minds.

29. Patti Kilcullen says:

Katy, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

30. So sorry for your loss. I’m happy for you, that you feel it’s a good thing for him. Peace to you. My dad is dying right now, of cancer. Probably will be gone in three months or so. I’m more worried about my sister than anything. She’s his closest caretaker and the one who carries the worries and cares in her soul.

31. So sorry for your loss. Our daddies are such special people.

32. Susan says:

Sorry to hear of his passing. Find comfort in the wonderful memories of your time together.

33. linda sacerich says:

So very sorry for your loss.

34. Lu says:

Condolences to you Katy and family. I pray the Lords love and strength give you comfort and peace.

35. Sheri says:

So sorry for your loss. It is so difficult to lose a parent.

36. ceciled05 says:

Oh Katy…I’m very sorry…all my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.
    Lots of hugs…..

37. Rochelle Summers says:

What a wonderful way to honor your father. I know you will miss him greatly but are relieved his suffering is over. My prayers are with you and your family.

38. Loris Mills says:

It’s bittersweet to lose your dad but to know he is in the presence of our God free from the pain of this world. My heart goes out to you and I will look forward with you to the day when we can be face to face with Jesus too! Prayers of comfort for you family as it hurts to say good bye. The Lord is with you to hold you until you meet again.

That’s an awesome picture of your dear dad…such a sweet countenance. My heartfelt sympathy to you and your family…especially your mom. May God bless you all with peace during the upcoming days, weeks and months.

40. Becky says:

Goodbyes are never easy but the people we love never truly leave us, they live on in our hearts and memories.

41. Cathy says:

I’m so sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs

42. anudge says:

Gentle hugs, Katy. We are with you in thoughts and prayers. You have our deep sympathy.

43. yanicka says:

I am so very very sorry. Hugs

44. Vicki in MN says:

So sorry to hear Katy-but you still have lots of wonderful memories I am sure, hang onto those dearly.

45. I’m glad you were able to make the trips to be there with him in the last months. It is so hard to see them go but wonderful to know he is at peace now.

46. PattiP says:

oh Katy I can hardly type, the tears are flowing. God bless you. Hugs

47. Louise says:

Prayers for your family.

48. Mari says:

So sorry to hear of your fathers passing. May ne rest in peace knowing he is loved.

49. Quiltmouse says:

Kind of hard to click “Like” for this. Consider it hands folded in prayer for you & your family for peace & comfort in the days ahead. It is hard for those left behind but a joyous day in heaven. Hugs!

50. Cecelia Lusty says:

I am so sorry for your loss

51. So sorry for your loss. Will pray for comfort for your family.

My prayers go out for all of you! Hugs,

53. Oh Katy, my heart goes out to all of you. What a comfort to know he is now with Jesus. Prayers for you all in the days to come, for comfort and peace.

54. Thoughts and prayers with you. Long goodbyes are hard.

55. Pamela Thorne says:

I am so sorry! I have lost my father also. So glad you were able to make the trip. Hugs!

56. Kathy D says:

Thoughts & prayers are with you in your time of sorrow. May the knowledge that he’s free from pain and enjoying his eternal reward sustain you in the days to come.

57. Dotti says:

Oh my. Thankfully you made the trip home in time to be with and him your Mother at such a sorrowful time. May God’s peace surround you.

58. Ruth K says:

So sorry for your loss.

59. Peace be with him. Prayers for you and your family.

60. Janice says:

So sorry for your loss.

61. Lois Stimax says:

I’m so sorry for your loss. Knowing he is with the Lord is such a comfort. You were blessed to have him as long as you did–and will be with him in Glory.

62. Thank God for the blessing of a close, loving family. May you know His love and be able to comfort one another at this time.

63. Susan Riley says:

Katy-I am so sorry for your loss; I know how difficult this will be for you & your family. SO glad however that you made it there in time! Prayers, Susan

64. Zenia Rene says:

Praise God for eternal rest and peace. Praying comfort for all. oxoxo

65. Jean says:

I’m so sorry. He is with God and at peace. It is your family who suffer his loss. Thy Will be done. Amen. – Jean

66. So sorry for your loss Katy.

67. Susan Mullen says:

I am so sorry Katy. Your wonderful memories will help you heal. Prayers for you and your family.

68. Mary C says:

Kathy I am so so sorry. I know this is a difficult time for you. You are in my prayers.

69. Deb says:

May God comfort each one of you as y’all lay him to rest….goodbyes are never easy.