My Sweet Father in Law….

Mr. Wonderful’s dad has entered into the presence of Jesus, just 48 hours after my own father.

5/25/1930 – 7/1/2017

This is my favorite photo of my sweet in laws. I love these two with all of my heart.

Thank you all for your sweet comments and prayers regarding the loss of my dad. I’m sorry for not responding individually. I will be taking this next week off from blogging.

Never miss an opportunity to say “I love you.”

41 Responses to My Sweet Father in Law….

1. Therese says:

Oh my, losing two loved ones. How heartbreaking… thinking of you lots…..

2. Oh, Katy, what a blessing and comfort to know they are in the presence of their Saviour.
    Lifting you all up to the Lord in prayer,
    Diane

3. Oh Katy, two losses in such a short time…I am so sorry. You and your family are in my prayers.

4. Kathy D says:

Katy, so sorry to hear of another loss for you and your loved ones. Praying for you to have strength and comfort in the days to come.

5. Amy says:

Katy, so sorry for your losses. May the Lord Jesus wrap his arms around you in comfort like one of your beautiful quilts. I will be praying for you and your family.

6. Zenda says:

Katy, I’m so sorry for the loss of these two men. I’ll be lifting you and your family up in my prayers.

7. Such for the loss of two precious souls that you evidently dearly loved. Take care

8. Katy, my what a week you have had. My prayers and heartfelt sympathy to you and yours.

9. My heart goes out to you .

10. PattiP says:

Katy, I’m so sorry for such difficult losses. How hard this must be to manage the logistics too. I’m praying for you.

11. Sue B says:

My sincere condolences to you and your family during this very difficult time. Sending up prayers. 🙏

12. Louise says:

I will pray for your families this morning at Mass. God bless..

13. Jan Smith says:

Such a loss to your families, but a joy to know where they are.
    I’m certain that your blog followers are all thinking of you this weekend.

14. Cecelia Lusty says:

I am so sorry for your double loss prayers are with you and your family

15. Quiltmouse says:

Prayers for you and all your family for peace, comfort & strength in the days ahead. Hugs!!

16. Diane says:

Much love to both of you and your families.

I’m so sorry for the loss of these two good men in your families. My prayers go out for you and your loved ones. Hugs,

18. More hugs to you as you lean into your husband during this heartbreaking time.

19. Rochelle Summers says:

What a sweet post. What a difficult time for you and hubby, your mother and your mother-in-law. We love them and miss them when they are gone. The memories of all the good times and the love the shared with everyone must sustain us. Blessings on you and your family.

20. Heidi says:

Yes, more hugs indeed, I am so sorry to read this.
    Every moment is so precious!

Oh, my dear Katie! Who would have thought you’d lose two of the most important men in your lives within 2 days of each other. My heart goes out to you, your husband, your mom and mom-in-law and your children, Sending prayers of comfort your way.

22. anudge says:

They’re now praying for you and watching over you in heaven.

23. Sherrill says:

WOW! That’s really hard losing two special guys so close together. I lost my DH nearly 5 years ago (WAY too soon) so I know how hard it is. You will continue to miss them every day until you meet again. It’s good to have the assurance that they have met their creator/savior and they are in paradise. No more sadness, no more pain

24. dezertsuz says:

So quickly following! I hope they are having a nice chat about your family about now. I’m so sorry for your loss – the double loss. Take whatever time you need, and don’t keep a stiff upper lip! It only takes longer that way.

25. Jannette B. says:

I’m so sorry for your losses – but rejoicing with you too that they are in God’s presence! There’s going to be a wonderful reunion someday!
    Praying for you and your family….

26. I am so sorry for your loss, Sending you lots of hugs and love

27. Kathy h says:

So sorry for your losses. Will keep you and your family in my prayers.

28. Barb Vedder says:

Sorry for your recent loses. Sending good thoughts and prayers to your families.

29. Janet O. says:

What a double loss! Just lost my Dad 6 months ago. My prayers are with you!

30. Sandra B says:

Katy, as you and your family go through this second loss in such a short time, I continue to keep you and all your family in my thoughts and prayers. God bless you all….

31. Diana says:

Katy so sorry, sending warm thoughts and prayers for you and your family!

32. Sheri Lesh says:

I was so sorry to read this……certainly a lot to handle at the same time. So thankful for the comfort in Jesus for your family…..I don’t know how those around us handle these kind of things without knowing the Lord. Our hope is in the Lord and His promises……I pray that for you and your family in the coming days.

33. gayleburton says:

So sorry for your loss Katy!…….

34. Edwina Finet says:

I’ll be saying prayers for comfort during this doubly sad time.

35. Sorry for your loss. May your family get comfort from each other.

36. ceciled05 says:

Oh no….I have no words except that I’m praying for you and your family. ….. sending you hugs …..

37. Susan says:

So sorry for the double loss – sending lots of hugs your way. Take all the time you need.

38. So sorry to hear. My condolences to you, your husband, and your family. There’s no need to apology for not responding. A response is not required. Thinking of you.

39. The Lord Jesus comfort you all during these hard days…

40. Laura Haynes says:

I’m rejoicing that both of them knew Jesus. What a comfort it is to know before one leaves that they are going to live with Jesus for eternity. I am asking the Holy Spirit to comfort you all with shalom peace as you remember the relationship you had with both of these men (Dads).

41. Very sorry for your losses.
    Hugs xoxo