Hotel Sewing

I ended up making a spur of the moment trip home to see my parents. I drove partway on Sunday and stayed at a hotel. Yes, I brought a machine! After I got settled, I set up my sewing space.

I was glad for the iron and ironing board in the room.

I brought my log cabins to work on.

I have 12 blocks to finish. I got this far while watching HGTV.

I still have these pieces to add.

Thanks so much for all the recent comments. I’m so far behind and it doesn’t look like I will be catching up any time soon. Also, I may not be posting every day. Don’t worry, I’m just spending much needed time with family.

19 Responses to Hotel Sewing

1. Therese says:

Good on you…..enjoy your family.. precious time…

2. Very pretty, and a nice room to work in.

3. rl2b2017 says:

Good Morning!
    Wow, you got pretty far just watching HGTV – I always have that on for background, too. Enjoy your peeps and safe travels. {{Hugs}} Roseanne

4. Good idea to take some things with you when you travel. We can quilt just about anywhere, can’t we?!

5. Luann says:

Praying for God’s peace to settle on you and the family.
    No need for a reply, just know that your friends are here.

Enjoy your time with your family! That is what’s most important. Hugs,

7. I agree with the others, spend the time with your family, love them deeply, the quilting can be done here and there, when there’s time. Hugs to you, Katy, and prayers too.

8. Louise says:

Safe travels Katy and wonderful visit with your parents. I am ready to follow suit shortly in
    Spokane while my husband is at his convention..love Featherweights for traveling.

9. LoriD says:

It’s nice when you have a portable machine to take along! Cute blocks! It sounds like you are enjoying your summer. I hope all is well with your family.

10. anudge says:

Your priorities are sound. We understand. Prayers for you and your family. Those are lovely blocks.

11. Rochelle Summers says:

The time you spend with your family is invaluable. You will be so happy you did. My prayers are with you and yours.

I’m so glad you’re able to spend this must needed time with your mom and dad. My heartfelt prayers are with you all.

13. Shasta says:

Enjoy your travels and your time with your family. I’ve spent some time quilting in hotel rooms. It is quite freeing actually, since there is no housework beckoning.

14. I REALLY like your log cabin blocks – Interesting that you used a two fabric color way. Pretty Pretty! Hope things go well at home, from what I gather, your Father is ill. Wish your family the best.

15. PattiP says:

Boy are those blocks beautiful! God bless your family’s time together

16. Theresa Morgan says:

You are another Die Hard sewer…… For a short trip and to take your machine??? I see this all over the Internet…. I just don’t feel so much like a quilter these days….. I need to step it up….lol But “sew” proud of my sister sewer’s tho….. Blessed 4th.

17. Sandra B says:

Safe travels to you Katy….and prayers and thoughts for your family.

18. You are such a productive soul! I hope you have a great visit with your folks. Savor every moment.

19. I love that you were sewing in your hotel room. No need to apologize — life happens.