Finish It Up Friday ~ Sea Sick!

I’m still quilting and finishing tops that I stitched up last winter in Arizona. I made this top all from Cotton and Steel FQs. I used Bonnie Hunter’s tutorial called Scrappy Trips. You can find it here.

I started calling it Sea Sick because it kinda made me feel that way! This is one busy mix!

It is hard to photograph a big quilt; this one is 96 by 96 inches.

This next pic shows the lengths Mr. Wonderful will go through to support my crazy ideas. I told him I wanted a full on shot so he used his drone to take some of these photos as well as a video at the end of this post.

​​I quilted this top with a pantograph called Malachite, available from Urban Elementz. I wanted a lot of texture, but I knew details sure wouldn’t show.  This next pic shows the back.

I love how it looks on my guest room bed!

​​

Have a wonderful weekend!

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric AddictBusy Hands QuiltsCrazy Mom Quilts,

This entry was posted in Bed Quilts, Finishes, Modern Quilts, Pantographs. Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Sea Sick!

1. Jean says:

Your quilt is marvelous! I love it on your guest bed, too! Have a great Friday! – Jean

2. Terri Bertalan says:

I think I just ordered that pantograph, lol ordered 6 and I don’t recall which ended up from the wish list to the basket. He loves his drone and it sure comes in handy. Hope you have a fantastic day 🙂

3. Kathy D says:

What a wonderful quilt! And a new way to photograph large quilts – thanks for sharing!

4. Ariane says:

This quilt is gorgeous!! I love it! The colours are beautiful.

5. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy,
    Your husband may have found a whole new market for drones! I love the quilt – all the colors are fun and nice and bright. It looks fabulous on your guest room bed – it really set off that headboard nicely. ~smile~
    Roseanne

6. sue says:

The quilt is just so happy and it looks great in your guest room. The drone idea was fun!

7. Clever use of a drone! I want one!!! The quilt is gorgeous!!

8. Val W says:

And here I was just standing on a chair to take my overhead quilt photos. Very cool!

9. Sharon says:

Your quilt looks wonderful! I am so glad you followed through with it. Perfect for your guest room too. Now I’m going to speak to my nephew – he has a drone.

10. Donna says:

Love the quilt, Katy! Great pics and video, too, Mr. Wonderful. That made me chuckle. 😀

The quilt is beautiful! Mr Wonderful is quite the idea man. That was great. Hugs,

12. anudge says:

You are so lucky to have Mr. Wonderful. Gorgeous quilt.

I really like the quilting on this one, Katy. Mr. Wonderful truly IS wonderful. He’s very skilled at controlling his drone.

14. Lois Stimax says:

The man has to use his toys!! What a fun way to record the quilt! I love that there is no border either–very modern.

15. Andrea H says:

Any excuse for a man to play with his toys. The quilt came out beautifully. It is definitely a great design for using up those scraps. –Andrea

16. I had to tell my husband about the drone taking pics. He was rather impressed.

17. Laura says:

Awesome quilt, and now I need a drone 🙂

18. Great finish! I love how you used the drone to get photos. LOL Creativity at its finest.

19. TAMMY L STACK says:

Love the video! Let the boys have their toys! ( so we can have ours!)

20. Joni says:

I can see it now, a quilt show using drones! I see a linky party in your future!

21. Sherrill says:

How cool is that video! Love it AND the beautiful quilt! I never get tired of those scrappy trips–every one is a beauty. I have three going right now, one multi, one red/white/blue and one greens & purples.

22. Bonnie in Va says:

Well that is really cool! How clever you guys are to take drone pictures of your quilt. It really worked well. And, it looks stunning in your guest bedroom. The green headboard really works with the quilt (or vice versa.)

23. Oh that looks wonderful with that headboard in your guest room! Very old fashioned and cozy looking even though the fabrics are bright and modern. And they are really scrumptious! What a great finish!

24. I love your quilt! That pattern is one of the most fun quilts I have ever made! Thanks for sharing!

25. Linda Dutch says:

A wonderful quilt, looks great on your spare bed! Love the video too!

26. Kristi says:

Your quilt is wonderful; I love all of the colors and patterns. Your husband is a peach to photograph your quilt, using his drone (but I bet he loved playing with it, too)!

27. Amazing! The picture of it on the bed looks like a magazine picture! You’re featured tomorrow on Finished or Not Friday! Thanks for linking to Finished or Not Friday!