May/June Goals

May was pretty crazy. But since sewing helps keep me sane, I did accomplish a few things. Here is my list from last month and my results.

1. I want to finish this quilt. Done!
2. I would also like to finish this Denyse Schmidt HST quilt. Not done. Didn’t even touch it.

3. I would really like to get a top basted and ready to hand quilt before the family all. Done! In fact, this little quilt even got finished! Here is a peek.

What else did I do?

I quilted and bound my Sea Sick top. I’ll be showing that soon.

I finished the QOV for my daughter’s SO.

I made a tiny quilt.

I also made another mini.

Then there was that whole marrying off my daughter thing… Seriously, she is the most organized person I know and left me with very little wedding wise to do this month outside of hosting family.

On to June.

1. I would like to finish the vintage Daisy quilt.

2. I want to quilt up this tumbler quilt.

3. I want to finish this Granny Square top.

4. I want to decide on the quilting design and get this top basted for hand quilting. Any ideas on how to quilt it?

I’ve surprised myself with how much hand quilting I have done this year. I had forgotten how much I enjoy it!

Time to get to work! Have a good one!

Linking up with Sew Fresh QuiltsQuilt Fabrication

This entry was posted in Finishes, Goals, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to May/June Goals

1. Nann says:

You’re working on such a wonderful variety, Katy! It’s comforting to see that other quiltmakers work in different genres (19th century reproductions to modern). I can’t tell whether the redwork blocks are antique or contemporary. I’d sash them — maybe a retro kick with red/white polka dots — perhaps offsetting them (see Bonnie H’s Dancing Nines for an example).

2. rl2b2017 says:

Good Morning! I just love the colors in your tumbler quilt. So pretty and eye catching. Your list for June sounds reasonable. ~smile~
    Roseanne

3. Gail says:

I am visiting from Sew Fresh quilts. I love the quilting on the first quilt! Your projects are beautiful and inspiring.

4. I love the texture on that little cheddar quilt! On the tumbler quilt, will you leave the edges “tumbled” (I don’t know how else to describe this), or will you cut them even? If you leave them tumbled, is it difficult to bind? I enjoy seeing all these quilts, Katy!

I’m totally in LOVE with the Granny Square blocks. I can’t wait to see it completed.

6. Susan says:

You have made great progress – everything is looking fantastic! The quilting on the first quilt is perfect – great choice! Thanks for sharing all of this eye candy at Midweek Makers

7. Terri says:

Love all the quilts, you still amazed me with how much you get done

8. What an impressive list! I hope to be as productive as you!
    Esther

9. Paula says:

I love several quilts in this post, but I really like the way the 9-patch looks now that it is quilted and washed. i love the look of old quilts and this is great!

10. Wow! You have been busy, beautiful work, keep it up 🙂