Believe it or not….

Thank you all for your input regarding the placement of the daisy blocks! Hopefully, I can get them stitched together soon.

Since I finished  the vintage quilt top that I was recently  working on, I’m actually hunting around for another hand quilting project! This is a vintage top I purchased a number of years ago at an estate sale.

It doesn’t lay flat, probably due to varying skill levels among the block makers. I love all the names!

I had to laugh at this next one. It’s what I would have done!

Looks like Ma was too busy taking care of the family to get around to embroidering her block!

Some blocks were pieced by hand and some by machine.

I love this top, but I might just love this one as is.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Vintage Quilts. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Believe it or not….

1. Very sweet! I love the name Bessie Whipple. Great top!

2. Val W says:

If this quilt top could talk, it would tell a lot of stories. What a gem!

3. This top is soooo fun! I love the addition of the names, and “Ma” just cracked me up! I don’t know what you’ll do with it, but it surely is a treasure.

This is a great top, love all the different fabrics. Hugs,

5. I have to agree with Beth at Cooking Up Quilts — “Ma” made me chuckle. It’s a fun quilt to just sit and look at; the colors are lovely.

6. Sandra B says:

Love this top, Katy! And, like others have said, “Ma” cracks me up too!! Even if you decide not to do anything more, it is truly a treasure! Thanks so much for sharing!

7. Diane in AZ says:

Katy, I would embroider my own name along with Ma and finish it! Those ladies made a quilt to be used (maybe…or maybe there have always been toppers!).

8. Therese Penders says:

Sooo precious!

9. Janet O. says:

This is wonderful! Love the pinned on “Ma”. : )

10. PattiP says: