Slow Stitching Sunday ~ Binding Again

I finished quilting my Scrappy Fence Rail last week. I’m getting better at lining up the rows when doing the Baptist Fans.

Now I’m hand sewing binding. It is a great project to work on in the car on a road trip.

I just love this binding fabric. I almost didn’t use it because I don’t have much left of it. But that’s just silly! I will be on the lookout for something similar though.

Linking up with Kathy’s Quilts

15 Responses to Slow Stitching Sunday ~ Binding Again

1. Gail says:

When I use up a favourite fabric, I just tell myself “they make more fabric everyday…it is ok to use this up!”. I did the binding on two quilts this week, your binding fabric is perfect for your quilt. Love the Baptist fan quilting!

2. Ariane says:

The quilting looks amazing! Can’t wait to see your finished quilt!! It’s going to be gorgeous!

3. Gretchen says:

What a beautiful quilt! Enjoy the feeling of accomplishment!

4. Oh, using up favorite fabric, it’s such a bittersweet thing. It will look fabulous on that quilt though! We are taking a road trip at the end of this month, so I need to give stitching on the road a try. I don’t know why I haven’t ever done that? Hmm. Enjoy your day, Katy!

5. LOL… that’s so funny how we fabric lovers think! I’m the same way and sometimes hesitate to use something up because then it will be “gone”!
    Enjoy hand stitching your binding today… it’s a gorgeous quilt!

6. Val W says:

Isn’t it funny how we want to save our favorite fabrics? We bought them to use them, and then just want to look at them! Good for you using up a favorite.

7. CathieJ says:

Your quilt is looking great!. I really like that binding fabric. I am sure you will enjoy the search for a new fabric that is also perfect for binding.

8. Cin says:

Good morning, what are the measurements of your rails strips/block? Thank you, Cindy Nelson.

Sent from my iPhone

9. Sandra B says:

Katy, this turned out to be an awesome quilt….I see a number of fabrics in it that I have also! But I don’t have your binding fabric….love it! I am like you in that I have a hard time using up the last of a fabric I love…. I think the Baptist fan was a good choice for the quilting on this one…cannot wait to see it all finished! I know I have said it many times before, but I have to say again how amazing it is that such a simple block can result in such a beautiful quilt…same with the quilting…I go to simple every time! Cannot beat it!!

10. I totally understand the sentiment of not wanting to use your favorite fabric, but wanting to save it for the right quilt! It’s so silly! There will ALWAYS be more pretty fabric out there! And if not, we’ll always have something else suitable we can use. Who really wants to die with all her favorite fabrics uncut?

11. daneesey says:

You’re right — that makes a fabulous fabric for binding! Enjoy your slow stitching! 🙂

12. Robin says:

I love Baptist fans. I’m hand quilting a border using the Baptist fan pattern all the way around. It goes fast and I really like the way it looks. The binding fabric is amazing.

13. Deb says:

Great quilting pattern for a pretty quilt. I too have that talk with myself when I am at the end of a favorite print….. but then I tell myself I get to see it every day if it is in a finished quilt.

14. Shasta says:

I like to use up my favorite fabric before I get a new favorite! Your quilt looks so beautiful with the baptist fans.

15. AnnieO says:

Yummy quilt! I love the Baptist fans. I’m with you, it’s hard to give up a favorite fabric from stash sometimes.