DWMonday ~ Gwennie Medallion

I’ve never been happy with the center block of my medallion top. It looks too sparse, like I don’t like appliqué or something!

It’s time to fix this before the top grows any bigger. I’ve pulled out a few books that have some primitive appliqué designs to see if I can pull a few elements that I can add to this.

As I find shapes I think might work, I am tracing them  onto freezer paper and cutting them out.

I haven’t come to Amy final decisions yet, but even laying a few pieces on this makes it look better!

I hope to finalize my design and get my pieces prepped today.

Have a good one!

Linking up with Patchwork TimesLove Laugh QuiltCooking Up QuiltsEm’s Scrapbag

9 Responses to DWMonday ~ Gwennie Medallion

1. Jackie Smith says:

I think, if it makes any difference, that your middle block is fine and beautiful as is!! Loving your posts and pics!!

2. Diane says:

You are right, adding a few pieces will make a difference. Looking forward to seeing what you settle on and the fabrics you use. Need before and after pics. Diane

3. Your additions are going to be perfect! Loving it!

4. Teresa Harrison says:

I like the additions

5. Oh what fun! Nothing says happiness more than needle turn applique!

Looks good! Hugs,

7. I like your additions, especially the bird!

8. Bonnie in Va says:

Great use of your pile of books. Yes, I agree, you need a few more elements. Have fun adding things to it.

9. Kate says:

Looks like you’ve found your fix.