DWMonday ~ Gwennie Medallion

I’ve never been happy with the center block of my medallion top. It looks too sparse, like I don’t like appliqué or something!

It’s time to fix this before the top grows any bigger. I’ve pulled out a few books that have some primitive appliqué designs to see if I can pull a few elements that I can add to this.

As I find shapes I think might work, I am tracing them  onto freezer paper and cutting them out.

I haven’t come to Amy final decisions yet, but even laying a few pieces on this makes it look better!

I hope to finalize my design and get my pieces prepped today.

Have a good one!

Linking up with Patchwork TimesLove Laugh QuiltCooking Up QuiltsEm’s Scrapbag

9 Responses to DWMonday ~ Gwennie Medallion

1. Kate says:

Looks like you’ve found your fix.

2. Bonnie in Va says:

Great use of your pile of books. Yes, I agree, you need a few more elements. Have fun adding things to it.

3. I like your additions, especially the bird!

Looks good! Hugs,

5. Oh what fun! Nothing says happiness more than needle turn applique!

6. Teresa Harrison says:

I like the additions

7. Your additions are going to be perfect! Loving it!

8. Diane says:

You are right, adding a few pieces will make a difference. Looking forward to seeing what you settle on and the fabrics you use. Need before and after pics. Diane

9. Jackie Smith says:

I think, if it makes any difference, that your middle block is fine and beautiful as is!! Loving your posts and pics!!