Slow Stitching Sunday ~ This and That

Today I will be stitching some labels on for Quilts of Valor.

I bought some fabric with these labels on from Spoonflower a few years ago. I should have sent them back because at least a third of them were printed like this:

This picture was taken straight on. These are so far from being square that they are unuseable. My bad for not bringing it to their attention. I’m not sure why I  didn’t. Anyway, I’ll be using the last few good ones and will have to decide if I want to buy more somewhere else, or go back to making my own.

In other news, Pierre seems to be glad I am home. He is keeping me company in the sewing room.

I’ve been spending time with Big E and Little E.

And Big L sent me a video for my birthday.

​​
​And I can’t leave Little L out! Here he is!

While sewing this week, I listened to this book.

I highly recommend this! It’s so good, that I’m going to listen to it a second time!

Linking up with Kathy’s Quilts

8 Responses to Slow Stitching Sunday ~ This and That

1. Gail says:

Cute grandchildren! I would lodge a complaint with the maker of the labels. You should not have to pay for something that is not usable. Take care!

2. Sherrill says:

It’s too bad about the printing on the labels as I really like them and what they say. Need to find something like that for mine!

3. Val W says:

I’ve ordered those same labels from Spoonflower twice, and each time they were great. Too bad yours are so wonky. You have to complain!

4. piecefulwendy says:

Those grandbabies are darling! I love his little song! Happy Birthday! I need to read that book again too — it was really good!

5. Stephie says:

I thought ‘what’s wrong with them?’ – and then you said they were photographed straight on…oh dear, that’s not good at all! Pierre looks so cute and cosy on your lovely quilt, I don’t think I’d get much done with a little face like that looking up at me!

Happy Birthday, Katie!! I love all the photos (and the video) of those precious grandbabies. Little E’s hair is so cute! Kinda looks like me in the morning!

All the grands look so sweet. Happy Birthday! Hugs,

8. Quilter Kathy says:

What an adorable video… such a treasure!
    Hope you got your label stitched on… I have to do one today!