February/March Goals

This month has flown by! Here is what I had hoped to accomplish this month:

1. I want to finish the top I’m making from these blocks. It will be a Quilt of Valor. Done! It is even quilted and bound! I will show it soon.

2. I had two of these jelly rolls and I have a quick and easy idea for using up the rest of this in another Quilt of Valor top.  Done! Quilted and bound! I’ll share this soon.

img_2187-1

3. I plan to make a baby quilt top from these mini charm packs and some Kona gray. Not done. I made the 4 patches and haven’t done anything else with them.

img_5352
After I get home, I want to quilt up a couple of the small tops I’ve made while in Arizona. Not done.

But I did quilt up a secret project. I also paired up several tops with backings and I have batting on hand so I hope  I can get to these soon.

What else did I do? Besides moving back home, I finished this QOV.

img_2692

I made this mini for a friend.

img_2264-1

Time to look at March. I will be heading to Wisconsin to visit my parents this month. I am not sure how long I will be there.

1. I want to get this quilt top marked for quilting and basted on the long arm to take with me. blog 030
  2. I have to get the top done for Daughter #2’s QOV .
  3.  I want to get another QOV top done for presentation in May.
  4. I need to get my Gwennie Medallion top done so I can quilt it in April and send it off for the show at Quilt Works.  img_8903
  5.  I want to get one of the small tops I made finished for our local Habitat for Humanity quilt show/silent auction.

Linking up with FiberTuesday

This entry was posted in Goals. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to February/March Goals

You’ve had some great finishes and some neat projects to still work on. Hugs,

2. Ok, ok, I’m slacking off and promise to get busy! Glad your month was productive! I really like the quilt top with the green background, very nice!

3. Luann says:

Another productive month. I understand that most of Wisconsin is having unseasonably warm weather. If that holds true, your visit my end up being filled with beautiful breezy spring days. They’ve already put weight restrictions on in some of the counties. Looks like it’ll be an early spring. Hopefully a full summer for all those who plant gardens. Whatever the weather, I’m sure you’ll enjoy your time.

4. Wow, I’m totally impressed with your progress. I love them all! Can I borrow the stacked bricks idea for my next QOV quilt? I try to do one QOV top each month and I am getting tired of the patterns I’m using.

5. Val W says:

SO productive! All that done even with moving back home and recovering from your (no doubt) airline-acquired germ de jour.

6. Sherrill says:

They’re all so pretty and you will get them done soon enough most likely! I really like those first blocks you showed–what’s that block pattern? Have a great time with your folks!

7. piecefulwendy says:

You have definitely been rolling along since you returned home! So fun to see your progress on everything. You are such an inspiration to me. I have a jellyroll of those little charm pack fabrics; they are certainly bold, aren’t they? I kinda like them with gray. Hmmm. Have fun in Wisconsin — are you close to the Minnesota border??

8. Julierose says:

What lovely quilts–your QOV are gorgeous, and I really love that mini–did you use 1″ strips??? It is so tiny…so adorable…hugs, Julierose

9. I love those bricks–lovely!

10. Sandra B says:

That is an impressive group of accomplishments for February, Katy! Looking forward to following along on your March projects! I love the quilt top you are planning to take with you to Wisconsin. The fabrics are beautiful!
    Have a great time with your parents! Wishing you safe travels!

11. I love your Gwennie Medallion quilt top. Congrats on the QOV finished quilts!

12. Terri Bertalan says:

I love all your quilts, you’ve been very busy as usual I see. Have a great trip to your parents house too.

13. dezertsuz says:

I like both your dones and your to dos. Your borders on the Gwennie basket are perfect for the medallion part.

14. Kim says: