My Friend Kathy

Empty Nest but Full Heart, written by my friend Kathy, also known as Nanato4T’s, has long been one of my favorite blogs. I am sure many of you have enjoyed reading it too. Kathy was diagnosed with cancer over a year ago and it is with a heart heavy for her family, that I share the news that she has entered into eternity with her Savior, Jesus.

Kathy and I never met in person, but we corresponded by email for the last several years. She was a Nana before I was and we enjoyed sharing stories of our grands. She was an encourager. I can’t remember her ever complaining about anything. She loved life, her family, and Jesus. I am fortunate to have called her my friend.

In December, she wrote in her last email to me that she intended to enjoy Christmas making memories with her family. She said she was blessed to be here and would be blessed to soon meet Jesus face to face.

I will miss you, Kathy. I am thankful you are now free of pain. We will chat again someday!

16 Responses to My Friend Kathy

1. Kathi says:

Kathy Porter was a great friend to me also… on fb and via her blog… she was an awesome quilter, mother, grandmother and sports fan of all kinds of sports… she helped me in sooo many ways! She even sent me fabric once! 🙂 Just because she never saw herself using it lol! She will be largely missed.. hope it is okay that I am sharing your blog post with those that will also miss her… not sure how you found her obit… but soooo happy you shared it in it’s entirety !!! Kathi

2. Barb Vedder says:

Sorry to hear about your friend. I didn’t know her, but her blog posts were lovely and I’m so happy she had time at the beach and Christmas with her family.
    xo

3. piecefulwendy says:

So sorry to hear this, Katy. There is a great sadness when we lose someone special. Yet there is great comfort knowing she is with Jesus.

4. Pat in WNY says:

So very sad for her family’s loss but thankful that Kathy’s long battle with cancer is over and she can rejoice in the loving arms of her Savior. Just last night I stitched the binding on a small quilt made partially with fabric so generously sent to me by Kathy, and have another in progress also using some of her fabrics. They will be a lasting reminder of her kind spirit and love for others.

I’m saddened to read about the loss of your friend. I’m sure she touched many lives and will be missed. Blessed are we who have hope in the Lord. The best is yet to come.

6. Chantal says:

I am so sad to read this. I loved her work and visited her blog regularly. Her comments always sounded so cheerful and full of life. I will miss her. Prayers will be sent. Chantal

7. anudge says:

With sympathy, Katy. It’s always so hard to lose a friend.

8. Janet O. says:

Kathy was such a wonderful example of someone devoted to her family and her Lord. She was someone I always enjoyed “visiting” with online. I hope her family is comforted through their faith. She was so involved with her daughter’s family, and had such a loving companion. I am glad to read that she passed peacefully, with family around her. Thank you for making us aware. I have been so involved with my Father’s passing, and my MIL’s decline, I had not reached out to Kathy recently.

9. Sorry to hear about your friend.

10. dezertsuz says:

I am so sorry to hear this, Katy. It’s difficult to lose a friend, and she sounds like a delightful person, as well as a good friend. My condolences to you and her family. What a loss.

11. I know you will miss your friend but what a comfort to know you’ll see her again some day!

12. Nancy says:

What sad news, Katy. Thanks for letting us know. She and her family have been on my mind since her last blog post. I met Kathy via her blog a few months before she discovered she had cancer. We corresponded until early December. I emailed her occasionally to let her know I was thinking of her. In her last email she commented that she was headed toward the “last days.” She was a kind woman with a sweet spirit. She will surely be missed among her in-person friends and in the quilt blogging community. Blessings to you and to her family.

13. Pingback: Back Home

14. Emily says:

Thanks for sharing, I have followed her blog for quite a while. It’s sad news, but I feel grateful to know. X

I’m so sorry for the loss of your friend. Hugs,

16. Zenia Rene says:

Enjoyed reading about this lovely woman. Rest In Peace Kathy.