A Trip to Lowes

I needed to go to Lowes this week and I took a trip through the garden center while I was there. It was fascinating! The garden section of the home centers back home aren’t even open. And you certainly won’t find these plants there:

I really enjoyed walking around and seeing all of these amazing cacti and succulents.

10 Responses to A Trip to Lowes

1. Nope! Never have seen one of those at our Lowes, although they are so beautiful I would love to. Too bad they wouldn’t survive where I live. Thanks for showing them off!

2. Val W says:

Too picky and spiny for your carry-on. Darn! Great pix.

How in the world would you transplant the spikey ones? If we don’t have a break in the drought here in southern California, we’ll be forced to start using these in our landscaping.

4. anudge says:

Looks like my backyard, and yes, they are in pots. To answer lois92346, you wrap them in paper, lay on their sides and handle them by the root ball.

5. Robin says:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many varieties in one place. Very interesting, thanks for sharing.

6. quiltipatti says:

wonderful show of succulents. thanks so much. being from texas but living in florida i don’t have access to all of these.patti in florida

7. WOW! Those are amazing. I haven’t seen many like that around here either!

8. dezertsuz says:

Oh, a breath of home! =) I miss prickly pear most of all – yummy jelly! There’s some in a yard down the street, but they don’t take care of it, and it’s a mess. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

9. Fascinating plants. My second favourite greenhouse at Kew Gardens is the Princess Diana house -it’s sectioned into different climate zones so you walk through the hot dry desert and then sample the humid jungle marvelling at all the different plant species as you go.

10. Patti Kilcullen says:

It makes sense that the plants would be different, but I never thought of it. They bring back a wonderful memory of going to Knotts Berry Farm in California back in the 1970s and seeing Jade plants being used in borders.