DWMonday ~ Polka Dots and Paisleys

I’ve had two of these Minnick & Simpson jelly rolls hanging around for a while so I brought them with me to AZ.

I’ve been looking at jelly roll patterns available free online and finally settled on one called Tropical Punch from the Moda Bake Shop. It didn’t take long to chop up that jelly roll.

I don’t know that I will follow the pattern exactly but I do like the block pattern. I have these done so far.

I’m listening to this audiobook while I sew.

Linking up with Patchwork TimesLove Laugh QuiltCooking Up Quilts

11 Responses to DWMonday ~ Polka Dots and Paisleys

1. Kathy D says:

Love that fabric – I’m a sucker for paisley prints, but managed to miss those! Listened to McCullough’s “The Wright Brothers” not long ago and it was well worthwhile. Will have to see if I can get “Truman”.

2. Lisa says:

Very nice block and it’s great with the fabric you choose.

3. Helen says:

I fell in love with that fabric, too. I love the blocks you have made. I look forward to seeing the whole quilt.

4. Helen says:

I just looked at the Tropical Punch quilt pattern, and I must say I like how you didn’t use a single background fabric.

5. piecefulwendy says:

Once again, I love the colors in your quilt. You’ll have it whipped up in no time, I’m sure! We listened to that book on a road trip that took us to Kansas City. We were close enough to drive over to the Truman Library in Independence, MO. It was really fun to go through the library after listening to the book. Enjoy!

6. That block is a great design. Soon you’ll be showing us a completed quilt top! 🙂

7. janicekholton says:

Isn’t it nice to have all the color decisions made by someone else once in a while? I’m liking what I see so far! It will be a very nice finish when you’re done!

8. I like David McCullough. I have read his John Adams and the Flood and want to read the one about the Panama Canal.

9. …And the Wright Brothers and Americans in Paris and 1776 (on the “read” list).

10. Kate says:

Very fun blocks. Love the colors!

11. Bonnie in Va says:

Your blocks look great …or maybe I should also say your fabrics look great as that block. Nicely done.