This and That Thursday

It feels like a miscellaneous week. I’m trying to take care of a myriad of little things. I did spend some concentrated time finishing up a top secret quilt top that I won’t be able to share until spring. But I can show you this lovely little quilt.

Remember how I said I gave some blocks away that were on my UFO list? Karen made the lovely quilt shown above out of my leftovers and donated it to the Palliative Care unit at her local hospital. Great job, Karen!

I made a couple pillow cases for Big L and Little L out of this:

I will be taking them over to them today. I got these two cuties groomed this week.

Because, drum roll please, Daughter #2 is coming home in about one month! Woo hoo! A huge thanks to all who have prayed for her during her deployment! It isn’t over yet, but the end is in sight!

My sister will be arriving on Saturday so I am also getting ready for her visit. This will be the most time we have had together since high school! Shenanigans will ensue! Such as this:

Hubby is back home so I sent him the following picture text message this morning. You can see his response.

I guess I better behave then! Lol! Have a great day!

8 Responses to This and That Thursday

1. Awesome news about your daughter! That sounds like a fun run. Good luck.

2. Luann says:

Glad to hear that this deployment is drawing to a close.

And about the bail $$, well, I could send you a ‘fat quarter’ lol

3. Zenia Rene says:

Hahaha…what a character your hubby is! =) You and your sis will have a blast. Glad you get this time together.

4. ceciled05 says:

What a good news for your daughter ! Fingers crossed during this last month !

5. Sandra B says:

Glad to hear that your daughter is coming home soon….thoughts and prayers for her as she wraps up this deployment, and for her safe travels home….
    Have a great time with your sister! And try to stay out of trouble, since Hubby has made his stand on bail money!!!

Lol!!! I love the messes between your and your hubby. 😂 I’m glad your daughter will be home soon. My son-in-law will be gone until May. Hugs,

What a HOOT!! I can’t wait to hear about your sister’s visit and I’m so glad your daughter will be home in a month’s time. Prayers for her safety continue.

8. dezertsuz says:

Lovely finish your friend did on your blocks. I’m SO glad your daughter has only a month to go!