Finish It Up Friday ~ Broken Dishes

This past fall, Barb from Fun with Barb, held a block swap. The swappers all made broken dishes blocks. The group I was in all used red Civil War prints and muslin backgrounds. I am happy to say that my top is done!

I loved looking through all the beautiful blocks! Barb kindly readdressed my package and it arrived in AZ soon after I did. That was a happy mail day!

Quite some time ago, I saw a vintage quilt with this setting and I really wanted to do that with these blocks.

My plan began coming together when I found this Downton Abbey print on clearance while out shop hopping with Zenia and Kelly.

Then it was time to start cutting! I bought all they had left of the above print and used nearly every inch that I had.

I love how this turned out! I had a couple extra blocks and I plan to use them on the back.

Thanks to Barb and all the swappers for another great exchange!

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric AddictBusy Hands QuiltsCrazy Mom QuiltsQuokka Quilts

This entry was posted in Civil War Repro Quilts, Finishes, Swaps, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Broken Dishes

1. Ariane says:

This quilt top is beautiful! I love how you put your blocks together.

2. That looks great! I used a streak of lightning setting a few years ago and loved the outcome. It’s a lot of effort to get everything set and lined up right, isn’t it! But it pays off.

3. Jayne says:

This is beautiful! I love the block and you set them perfectly!

Oh, my goodness! One would never imagine these blocks came from several different people. The look fabulous together. I can’t wait to see it after you’ve added the border and quilted it. I’m sure it will be amazing.

5. Sharon Browne says:

This quilt is adorable! I love the setting and the simplicity of the broken dishes blocks. I need more reds for my stash.

Neat looking top, I really like it. Hugs,

7. My, that was fast! I love the background print you chose. I didn’t think I liked anything in that line, but I surely do now. It is just beautiful!

8. Heidi says:

Love this finish, I have broken dishes on my design wall I may have to rearrange;)

9. ceciled05 says:

Your quilt looks beautiful with this setting ! I didn’t start mine yet but i surely will do it this Spring !
    I wish you a lovely weekend with your 2 helpers ! :))

10. Marvelous layout — and I have looked twice now at our new Ikea store without finding your quilt-hanging hooks. Sigh.

11. Sandra B says:

Love the background fabric, Katy!! And the setting results in an amazing quilt top….thanks so much for sharing!!

12. dezertsuz says:

What a great, great quilt that is. I would never have imagined that a Downton Abbey print would go so well with the repro fabrics.

13. Kathy S. says:

I love the way you set the blocks on this. Very cute!

14. Pretty quilt and love the reproductions and the red quilt!

15. JanineMarie says:

I love how the Downton print looks with the blocks. Just the right amount of contrast to showcase such a beautiful collection. That was a really successful swap–and a lovely finish!

16. Jannette B. says:

That’s a great quilt! LOVE your layout too!

17. Wow! I love that quilt! Civil War prints are some of my favorite.

18. Tracy says:

What a great find and a great finish!!

19. Perfect background, and I like how the blocks are offset in their rows.

20. PattiP says:

I like neat & tidy work because neat eludes me. I like this quilt for that plus I always like your smart color sense. Looking forward to see your quilting on this.