Last January, I posted the following UFO list. I wanted to finish every item on this list. Here is how I did:
- I cut these triangles ages ago when cleaning out a bin of bright fabrics. These 6 inch HSTs will be made into Quilts Beyond Borders. Done! I made three quilts from the remaining triangles and sent them off to QBB.
- These blocks were from a guild exchange last year. DONE!
3. These 4 orphan Noteworthy blocks. Done! Sort of… I gave this UFO away so I am done with it!
4. More guild exchange blocks. Done!
5. Even more guild exchange blocks. These are destined to become a Quilt of Valor. But not by me! I handed these off to a member of the Stitching Sisters QOV group. I know she will make something beautiful out of them! I call that DONE!
6. This isn’t quite a UFO. I bought this ruler and intended to try it out on the two layer cakes shown below. They are both Heather Baily lines and they look great together. I have been intending to do this for so long that it feels like a UFO! Not done! But on my list for this month.
7. I cut these tumblers in November 2015. Done! Well, the top is anyway!
8. As if I don’t have enough UFOs of my own, I collect vintage UFOs! Done!
So ten of 16 are completely done. Two more are finished tops. I’m calling that pretty darn good. I need to make a new list for this year, but that will be another post.
Happy New Year!