Finish It Up Friday ~ Scrappy Fence Rail!

I have a big finish to share today! My leader/ended top is all sewn together!

I’ve really enjoyed making this! Scrappy is my favorite color scheme!

I noticed after I took the above picture that a few of my combinations didn’t have as much contrast as they should have. They are staying now!

I liked this next picture, it looks a bit like a quilted house! That’s the back neighbors roof showing over the wall.

Here you can see it in a queen sized bed.

There’s quite a generous amount on the sides. It currently measures 96 inches square.

I can’t wait to quilt this up! I’m thinking it needs Baptist fans…..but reserve the right to change my mind. Lol!

Have a wonderful day!

Linking up with Crazy Mom QuiltsConfessions of a Fabric AddictBusy Hands QuiltsArabesque Scissors

This entry was posted in Civil War Repro Quilts, Finishes, Leader/Ender, Scraps, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Scrappy Fence Rail!

1. Suzy says:

Your quilt is amazing! It is inspiring me to make this my new leader and ender project for 2017. Happy New Year!

2. I, too, love your quilt finish! And I’m totally in awe. That’s one huge quilt to have done all in leader Enders! It says a lot about how much you sew and how disciplined you are. I hope you’ll always love and cherish this quilt as much as you do right nowm

3. Ariane says:

What a gorgeous quilt!! It looks amazing!!

4. Sharon says:

I really love your quilt! You have the most wonderful scraps! I’m wondering what size the rails are. Are they the same size as your other scrappy rectangle quilt with the grey background? I need to make a quilt for my nephew and am trying to decide on a design and colors. It’s so hard finding fabrics that look masculine. Thanks Katy.

5. A wonderful scrap quilt. Contrast comes and goes and that is what makes this one interesting and keeps you looking. Great job.

6. What a fabulous scrappy quilt! Nicely done!

7. Kathy D says:

LOVE this quilt! I agree with Debbie; the blocks with less contrast are part of the charm of this one. What a beauty!

8. Diane says:

This is a lovely, lovely quilt!

9. Judy says:

Great use of scraps! I’ve been looking for a good leader/ender project.

10. Val W says:

For such a simple design, this is a striking quilt. There is a lot of movement with those lights and darks. Well done!

11. Diane says:

Very cool! How is it there is only one helper in in the pics? LOL. Truly love the way this too came out!

12. Donna says:

Wow, Katy, that is huge. I LOVE everything about this one. I don’t think I have enough “scraps” to make a pillow case yet. Thank you for inspiring me. I hope to have some finishes to show you when you get back home. Have fun with your sister next week.

13. Jan Smith says:

This is wonderful! I personally love low contrast areas in an otherwise sharp contrast quilt. Makes it even more interesting. What a delightful finish to the year!

14. Julierose says:

WHOA–this is one beautiful BIG quilt–I love how the contrast goes in and out–much more interesting…you dida lovely job on it hugs for a Happy New Year Julierose

15. lswanekamp says:

Love the value changes! Beautiful scrap quilt!

16. Jayne says:

Holy cow! What a project this was! It is amazing and huge and gorgeous! I don’t mind the pieces that haven’t as much contrast…it makes it interesting!

I’m flabbergasted! To think this was a leader and ender project just boggles the mind. It’s fantastic. What an accomplishment. You should be very proud.

18. Sarah F says:

Love this Katy. Beautiful scrap quilt. I feel one in my future.

19. I think that makes the quilt so much more interesting with varying amounts of contrast in the blocks.

20. I couldn’t even tell which blocks you were referring too that didn’t have enough contrast. The overall effect is what matters and that quilt is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

21. Wow! That is a really beautiful quilt ☺ I’ve been too shy to ask up until now, but here goes: Just what are ‘leaders and enders’?

22. Sheri says:

I know you have indicated that you read and answer comments – such as the size of the blocks for this quilt. Is there any way that you can answer them so that everyone can see the information? Love your quilts.

23. Sandra B says:

Katy, this quilt is awesome!! Scrappy quilts are my favorites, and this one is beautiful….makes me want to stop what I am working on, and make one for myself….I already have a bunch of little rectangles cut out, so that would give me a head start…. I think using Baptist fans for quilting would me amazing on this quilt…looking forward to seeing it all finished!
    As always, thanks so much for sharing!

I love love love it. I like the idea of Baptist Fan as your quilt design. It is one of my favorites. Hugs,

25. Wow such colours and such patience…. always wins out, well done.
    Glenis

26. Oh wow it’s incredible (and huge!) I love the idea of a quilted wall – maybe your neighbours should consider it!

27. Carie says:

Wow – it’s gorgeous, and huge! I love the idea of a quilted wall too, maybe your neighbours should take it as their inspiration!

28. Kate says:

A beautiful finish! Love all those scraps. Hopefully that means you have room in your scrap bins for more?

29. dezertsuz says:

Fabulous! It looks perfect to me! All the shadings give it a very warm look.

30. marcelle says:

Wow! This is spectacular! Well done and congrats on such a finish.

31. That came out so well! I love it!

32. PattiP says:

Oh man, I love your color sense!

33. I love your quilt. Scrappy quilts are so pleasing to the eye but I have such trouble putting them together. I believe it is the ‘structured accountant’ in me. 🙂 Thanks for sharing your beautiful creation.

34. Barb Vedder says:

great quilt Katy!!

35. terri414cb says:

I absolutely adore your quilt! I want one now! I, too, think that scrappy is the best color. I have a box of 3.5 x 6.5″ rectangles, another of 2.5 x 4.5″ and one of 2 x 3.5. I got this from Bonnie Hunter’s scrap saver system. What size rectangles did you use?

I agree with Baptist’s Fan. I have a quilt I made of 3.5 x 6.5 rectangles and 3.5″ four patches. I decided on the Baptist Fan because of all the scrappiness and colors. I thought it would be simple but good looking.

36. Carol F says:

This caught my eye!! Very nice. Scrappy is awesome!!