December/January Goals

December has flown by! Here are the goals I listed for this month:

1. I want to finish Daughter #2’s QOV top. Not done! I made significant progress, but this is going home with hubby. I decided to make it bigger and want to use my die cutter for the rest.
2. Finish my mini Dresden Fan. Done!

3. Finish the 30s Ohio Star top. Done! I will add borders when I get home.

4. Make something out of the Minnick and Simpson jelly rolls I brought with me. Not done!
And here are my other finishes for the month. My favorite is my Scrappy Fence Rail.

I made a mini quilt for a thank you gift.

I made a Quilt of Valor top.

And I finished my Sea Sick Scrappy Trips top.

I also finished a top from my Broken Dishes swap blocks. I will share that finish soon.

I have a week between the time hubby leaves and Sister #1 arrives.

1. I want to finish the grad top I started with my Doe charm packs.

2. I must get that puzzle top done!

3. I want to start a top using my Quick Curve Ruler from Sew Kind of Wonderful and these fabrics:

I think that will keep me busy and no doubt, I will find other things to distract me along the way!

Have a wonderful day!

Linking up with Love Laugh QuiltCooking Up QuiltsEm’s Scrapbag

This entry was posted in Finishes, Goals, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to December/January Goals

1. Sharon says:

I love how your Scrappy Trips top came out! The colors are beautiful! Anybody would be thrilled to have it. I bought a Quick Curve Ruler too, and a Metro Rings pattern and haven’t used them yet. Not sure what fabrics to use. You accomplished a lot this year! I hope you have another good year ahead!

2. Sounds like you will have a very busy month. The finishes you have for December are beautiful. I want to see how you do with the curve ruler, too.

3. It will be fun to see what you make with the quick curve ruler. I made a practice mini with mine and haven’t touched it since. Congrats on all your finishes!

4. anudge says:

I laughed when I read the name of your Trips quilt. Some nice goals you have there. Happy Eighth day of Christmas.

I’d say you stayed pretty busy when you consider it was a holiday month. You had Mr. Wonderful visiting and I’m sure you spent a good deal of time with your daughter’s family. Mini Dresden fan and the other mini are adorable. The look old timey to me. I always think of doll quilts when you do small ones. Just imagine if you someday have a granddaughter. Her dolls will have a plethora of quilts. Happy New Year, Katy!

6. Congrats on all your finishes. I’m not one for lists when doing projects but maybe this year I’ll see how I can do with some.

Look forward to seeing your curvy quilt.

7. Oh, man — you’ve finished more in one month than I have in 5 years! I love your Ohio Stars quilt in thirties fabric, and I look forward to seeing what you make with your Quick Curves ruler!

8. Bonnie in Va says:

OOH — lovely quilts. I really like the small dresden — nice colors. And the Ohio Stars in 30’s fabric is wonderful. Someday I’ll pull out my box of 30’s and use them for a quilt. Good luck with all of your goals for the month. It seems to me you’ve made great progress on your list.

9. curlyquilts says:

That mini quilt is adorable

10. Emily Bailey says:

So many wonderful quilts! I love your mini Dresden fan. The scrappy rail fence and trip around the world quilts are fabulous! I do love a scrappy quilt. Good luck with your goals!

11. Patricia says:

Your Dresden mini quilt is quite lovely, as is your Rail Fence. The Trip Around the World Quilt is so pretty and colorful and I love the fabrics for your Broken Dishes blocks! You have some beautiful finishes! Congratulations!

12. Kate says:

You got a lot done in December! The Scrappy Rail Fence quilt turned out beautifully. Good luck with your January plans.