Rearranging

I mentioned that my parents are visiting this week. That led to a bit of rearranging. I decided they would be most comfortable in the master bedroom, so I moved myself and my sewing stuff to the guest room. Here is the view from the door.

Since I needed the mattress to sleep on, I bought some Command hooks to hang up my design wall.

I made this quilt for Daughter #2 back when she finished her year of serving in Americorps.

I am enjoying the luxury of watching TV while I sew. I’m hooked on Acorn TV, a subscription service showing all Britiśh shows. I’m working my way through a series called Where the Heart Is.

Also, I am woefully behind on responding to comments and I apologize for that. Please know that I read and appreciate each and every one, even if I am unable at times to respond to them all.

11 Responses to Rearranging

1. Wow that room is spotless – I wish mine were but that hasn’t magically happened! I love the idea of your design wall – what type of fabric do you have hanging on it?

2. maxine lesline says:

Katy.. your new digs look really comfy.. TV.. sewing machine… iron.. design wall… add nachos and you have it all.. Great quilt on the mattress… colorful and interesting design.

3. Barb Vedder says:

When we have lots of company in the house I set up 2 twin mattresses on the floor too. I call it my “hobo” bed 🙂 Thanks for the Acorn TV tip.

4. Viv Privat says:

You seem to have all necessary sewing stations set up–sewing, ironing, design wall and sleeping. With sew much less ‘sewing room’ clutter you probably work more productively. At least, I know I would! I enjoy your updates.

Your room looks great! I have the same design wall and love it! I didn’t think of command hooks, great idea. I have mine thumb tacked to the wall. I’m so glad your parents are coming to visit. It will also be wonderful to have your husband coming for so long. Have a great day! Hugs,

6. Quiltmouse says:

You have a nice work station set up, and I love the command strip design sheet. I see one of your ‘helpers’ standing in the doorway!! Enjoy your visit.

7. Zenia Rene says:

Have a great time w/your folks!

8. Rochelle says:

I’m enjoying reading all of your posts from Arizona and think you are the best mom ever. I am in awe of your ability to keep on sewing no matter where you are. Enjoy your visit with the your parents and I’m sure you’ll be looking forward to that 3-week visit with the hubby.

9. Diana says:

I read your blog every day but I’m not sure what size your blocks are for this quilt but I ordered the 1/4 square triangle (4″ finished) die for the accuquilt I just bought myself gor Christmas. I want to use them for as leader and enders, first for a baby quilt, then for QOV. I figure it would be a great way to use scraps, and still hace a quilt in the end. Thank you so much for sharing this quilt with us. I do all my blocks 6″ because I love small blocks, but I’ll love these little 4″ block even more espcially because I woun’t have to cut them! I do enjoy reading you blog especially pictures of the Grands and Furbabies and your quilts. Merry Christmas! and enjoy the time with your Parents and Hubby. Thanks again for sharing your blog with me!

10. Your room looks comfy and has all that you need. Have fun visiting with your parents! Happy Sewing!

11. dezertsuz says:

No worries about no response. I’ve been slow myself! How nice to have your parents visiting. So why is your daughter’s quilt living at your house? It really goes nicely on the lime green sheets. =)