November/December Goals

So much has changed in my life over the last month, that I really didn’t know what to expect as far as how much sewing I would get done. So I kept my goals pretty conservative. Here’s a recap:

I want to piece a secret top that is a bit of a puzzle. I won’t be able to share, but I am adding it to my list because I want to get it done. Not even started!

I want to get my Denise Schmidt 36 Patch top done. I cut strips for this ages ago. Done!

I want to get my Blueberry Park Quilt top finished. Done!

Two out of three isn’t bad. Especially since I got several other things done. Like this baby quilt top.

And this one.

I’m quite happy to have this tumbler top off my UFO list.

I have two more finishes for the month that I will be showing this Friday and next.

My parents are here this week and hubby will be here for three weeks this month. Add in Christmas and I’m thinking I won’t sew nearly as much! But here are my goals anyway:

1. I want to finish Daughter #2’s QOV top.

2. Finish my mini Dresden Fan.

3. Finish the 30s Ohion Star top.

4. Make something out of the Minnick and Simpson jelly rolls I brought with me.

We are keeping Christmas very simple this year. Maybe it’s a new trend for us!  I finished my Christmas decorating. Want to see it?

That’s it! One small tree, no ornaments! Might leave it up until Daughter returns from her deployment though. That will feel like a Christmas for sure!

This entry was posted in Finishes, Goals, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to November/December Goals

1. Val W says:

Apparently you can transplant yourself into the middle of a sandbox and still be SO productive. Love all your quilt top finishes, especially the, well, darn, I just can’t pick out a favorite!

2. piecefulwendy says:

All those lovely quilts and all that lovely sunshine! We are having gray, rainy days here so I am going to look at your pictures again and pretend I’m there gazing at those lovely quilts in the sun! You accomplished much!

I love all your finishes! You have inspired me to do a 16 patch. I really like how yours looks. I also keep the Christmas decorating low key and the shopping. Enjoy your time with your parents. Hugs,

4. Susan says:

Lovely projects to finish up! And I hear you on Christmas lite – kids are going away, so no reason to over decorate. I’m letting quilts do my decorating!

5. Sandra B says:

Katy, you got a lot done in November! December is always a hard one for me, planning wise, for quilt projects. With so much going on at home, at church, getting together with friends we don’t get to see a lot during the year, seems like everything else gets put on the back burner. So I try to just do a little stitching as time allows….

6. You ending the year with a lot of completed projects! Good for you

7. dezertsuz says:

You got a lot done in November! That’s a nice batch of finished tops. I like your Christmas tree. I was thinking of something similar. If I can dig my tree out of my son’s junk, I think it’s smaller and skinnier than yours, but it has all white lights. In the meantime, I bought a lighted angel for the window. That might wind up being all there is, except my friend’s stocking wallhanging gift. LOL

8. You have a lovely way with color. I have a project similar to your Schmidt quilt, but it is scrappy 16 patches with colors and background pieces. Yours makes me want to stitch faster.