DWMonday ~ Hour Glass Leader/Ender Project

Remember last summer, when I cut these bits  for a leader/ended project?

I used them to make these hour glass blocks.

Then they sat until I started packing for AZ. I finally decided on a layout and did a bit more cutting.

And now, I’m putting them up on the design wall.

My parents are flying in today for a visit so I doubt I will get much sewing in this week. But this is ready to go in the event that I get a few minutes here and there. I’ve been trying to get the big projects on my list done before Mr. Wonderful comes for three weeks in December. I won’t be sewing as much then either. I also plan to have him take finished projects back home with him.

Linking up with Love Laugh QuiltEm’s ScrapbagPatchwork TimesCooking Up Quilts

This entry was posted in Bed Quilts, Design Wall Monday, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to DWMonday ~ Hour Glass Leader/Ender Project

1. Luann says:

Katy,
    Don’t laugh(too much), but I just can’t wrap my head around which die you used to cut those with. Was it a quarter square triangle? My dies aren’t close by, so I figured I’d just ask.
    I think your design will turn out very nice.

2. Deb P says:

Love the QST and my, oh my, the 30’s prints are lovely.

3. Yum, yum, yum! Who doesn’t love a good 30’s quilt? Have a ball with these little guys! Thanks for sharing.

4. I love your little hourglass blocks, and the stars you’re making them into! So, you did this by cutting your scraps up into perfect triangles with a die cutter, did you? I have been thinking about getting one of those Accuquilt GO! Baby contraptions just so I can cut my scraps into clamshells, apple cores, pyramids, tumblers, etc. for projects like what you’re doing, but the dang things are just SO expensive! Which die cutter do you have, and do you find that it’s worth the investment?

Oh, how I love 30’s reproduction fabric!! This quilt is going to be adorable and how wonderful that you get to spend a week with your parents. You are truly blessed.

6. anudge says:

Those are cute Dolly Madison blocks.

7. Bonnie in Va says:

Very cute 30’s blocks. Hum, where are my 30’s fabrics. I haven’t seen them since the move. Enjoy working on them.

8. Neat looking blocks.

9. Emily Bailey says:

Great blocks! I have an hour glass project on my to do list.

10. Love all the 30s prints. This will be a really cute quilt.

11. Kate says:

Fun, scrappy blocks. Hope you got a chance to work on them a bit this week.

12. Patricia says:

How fun to have your leader ender become an official project! So encouraging as I work with my first leader ender! Thank you for sharing! 🙂 Congratulations on your accomplishment! And so pretty!