Finish It Up Friday ~ Fairy Tale Friends

Want to see the first charm pack I ever bought?

I don’t remember how long ago I bought this. Actually, I bought two of them and a bit of yardage of one of the prints. Before I headed out to AZ, I finally decided what to do with them!

It seemed a simple idea, but honestly, it took much longer than I thought for a small quilt.

I don’t think this top can be made without a design wall! Even then, I ended up doing some ripping. The 9 patches finish at 4 1/2 inches.

I didn’t bring that yardage with me. It will probably be used for the back and binding.

Linking up withConfessions of a Fabric AddictCrazy Mom QuiltsBusy Hands QuiltsFort Worth Fabric StudioThe Quilt Journal

This entry was posted in Finishes, Precuts, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Fairy Tale Friends

1. Kathy D says:

What a cool idea; I have some charms I’m scratching my head over. This is great inspiration!

2. JenyM says:

Great idea! I would like to do something similar with charms I have in the stash. Now to figure out sizes…Thanks for the inspiration.

3. Ariane says:

It looks wonderful! Designs like this are always a little tricky! But the finish always makes a beautiful quilt!

4. Lisa says:

Such a sunny little quilt. I love it.

5. Ramona says:

Great design for using charm packs. I, too, have a couple that need to be used. It’s an adorable little quilt.

6. Jayne says:

Oh Katy! This is fabulous! I certainly can see why a design wall could come in handy!

7. What a gorgeous little quilt top and OH MY what a grand wall to hang it on for photos!

8. a charming idea for charm packs!! I will give that a try- and great FMQ space – love it!

9. a great use of the charm pack- and a fantastic quilt!

10. Oh delicious! I love American Jane fabrics. I don’t think my mind could handle this pattern though. Too much thinking involved. Great job!

11. Preeti says:

Oh this is a lovely pattern and it has been on my to-do list ever since I saw it on Cloud 9. Making it with charms really is challenging. Those tiny pieces are painful, cause they move so much!!! But you did a fantastic job.
    Hugs,
    Preeti.

12. Sandra B says:

Great little quilt, Katy! I don’t have a design wall, but I am going to see what
    I can come up with that would help in making this pattern…because….I want to make one for myself!!! Love it!

13. Linda Dutch says:

A pretty quilt, love those fabrics!

14. really pretty quilt

15. tammy stack says:

These colors say Arizona to me! it is beautiful,like that beautiful state.