Log Cabin Blocks

First of all, thank you for all of your wonderful ideas and encouragement on my Ugly Scrappy Trips! I enjoy making the blocks, so after taking a break, I will probably go back to it.

In the mean time, I have made all the Log Cabin blocks that I can. I have run out of pieces to make more blocks. I played around with the 24 blocks I have finished.

I think I like the above layout best, but then I have leftover blocks. Ugh.makes my OCD crazy! Here are some other ideas.

At the end of the day, I don’t love any of these. I think I need more blocks. I don’t have a lot of these fabrics left, but I might have enough for 12 more blocks. I’ve decided to set this project aside until I get home and can use my die cutter to cut some more. I am not at all interested in cutting these bits with my rotary cutter!

I feel good about the progress I made, but I know if I finish as is, I’ll never be happy with this. So I’m done working on this for now.

Linking up with My Quilt Infatuation

8 Responses to  Log Cabin Blocks

1. Ariane says:

Your blocks look great! I agree, I think you need more blocks! You will be happier with it if you add more!

2. Janet O. says:

Top one looks best to me, too, but I had to laugh about the extra blocks. I can relate to that. Would definitely make more blocks, if that is an option.

3. Hmm, so glad I do not suffer from OCD because I love all the settings! These are fantastic blocks!

4. The blocks are beautiful! The first setting is definitely the best…when you make more blocks will you be able to use that layout?

5. Tina from Oregon says:

Could you make a star out of the third one? Would probably need more blocks anyway but would make another design. All of the settings are great! Use any leftover blocks on the back!

6. dezertsuz says:

They are great blocks. Is there any way to make a star in the middle and then use the other blocks around it? Where are you right now?

7. Mary Carvajal says:

Kathy are you ok. I miss your post this am. Each morning the first post I look for is yours. I follow your blog by email. I hope all is well with you and your family

Mary C

Sent from my iPhone

Mary C

8. Linda Smith says:

What happens if you turn the blocks so they make pinwheels instead of squares?