DWMonday ~ Leaders/Enders

I started a new leader/ended project. It might look a little familiar.

Look a little like my Scrappy Rectangles Quilt?  No accident. I loved that one so much, I cut out another, this time in Civil War repro fabrics. I might set these the same:

Or I might set them like this:

I like it both ways. For now, I’m just sewing a light and a dark rectangle together into twosies. When I have more done, I’ll decide on a setting.

Linking up with Love Laugh QuiltCooking Up QuiltsEm’s ScrapbagPatchwork TimesShe Can Quilt

This entry was posted in Leader/Ender, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to DWMonday ~ Leaders/Enders

1. Those colors look wonderful together. Great project for using up scraps.

2. I’m working on a leaders/enders project with rectangles too!!. My fabric is a truly scrappy mess of all the leftovers from my projects this past year. I was playing with layout this weekend and liked the second one you have pictured (zigzag)…but I’m prone to change my mind, so we’ll see!

3. Cathy says:

I always enjoy seeing your new projects. I see I have a lot of the fabrics you are using. Hope you are enjoying your time house sitting. Hugs

4. Oh what fun! Love those fabrics. And, I like the first setting best. Have fun with them.

5. Oh my gosh – that will be great with those fabrics!

Looks great, I love CW fabrics. Hugs,

7. Sandra B says:

Love it, Katy! Your earlier rectangle quilt was beautiful, and I cannot wait to see this one done in CW fabrics! Love both of the settings you are considering…looking forward to seeing what you decide….

8. I really liked your first one too, and this one will be just as pretty! It’s an easy pattern, but so effective. Have fun playing! 🙂

9. Ariane says:

I love this type of sewing! You get a quilt while making another. I’m going the same, but with 1.5 inch squares. But I am making the cover quilt from Bonnie Hunters new book.

10. Civil war fabrics will look completely different and still be easy to chain piece as leader/ enders- great idea

11. Sue B says:

Katy, Could you explain the process of leader/enders a little more? I see you do these often & I
    really don’t know how it works. Thanks! Hope you’re enjoying your time in Arizona

12. dezertsuz says:

Wonderful leader-ender! Enjoy the relaxed life. =)

13. Kate says:

Beautiful fabrics. I love the leaders and enders method. It’s like getting a quilt for free – almost.

14. Bonnie in Va says:

Always fun to start a new project. I have started a new leader ender too. Maybe I should blog about it some day. I love the concept behind leader enders. Such a great way to get a project going.

15. CĂ©cile says:

As I wrote to you on IG, I like ….hue….OMG ! don’t remember what I wrote !
    Well on the pics, I think I prefer the second setting…..pfewwww…..:)

16. Emily says:

Great leaders and enders project. Either setting will look great

17. Patricia says:

Hello There! Thanks to bloggers like you for sharing your leader/ender projects, I now have one of my own! LOL! Thank you! Your second layout is so very pretty! Take good care and thank you so very much for sharing!

18. Nicky says:

Either or both? I love the simplicity that allow you to concentrate on the fabrics. Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday