DWMonday ~ Leaders/Enders

I started a new leader/ended project. It might look a little familiar.

Look a little like my Scrappy Rectangles Quilt?  No accident. I loved that one so much, I cut out another, this time in Civil War repro fabrics. I might set these the same:

Or I might set them like this:

I like it both ways. For now, I’m just sewing a light and a dark rectangle together into twosies. When I have more done, I’ll decide on a setting.

Linking up with Love Laugh QuiltCooking Up QuiltsEm’s ScrapbagPatchwork TimesShe Can Quilt

This entry was posted in Leader/Ender, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to DWMonday ~ Leaders/Enders

1. Nicky says:

Either or both? I love the simplicity that allow you to concentrate on the fabrics. Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday

2. Patricia says:

Hello There! Thanks to bloggers like you for sharing your leader/ender projects, I now have one of my own! LOL! Thank you! Your second layout is so very pretty! Take good care and thank you so very much for sharing!

3. Emily says:

Great leaders and enders project. Either setting will look great

4. Cécile says:

As I wrote to you on IG, I like ….hue….OMG ! don’t remember what I wrote !
    Well on the pics, I think I prefer the second setting…..pfewwww…..:)

5. Bonnie in Va says:

Always fun to start a new project. I have started a new leader ender too. Maybe I should blog about it some day. I love the concept behind leader enders. Such a great way to get a project going.

6. Kate says:

Beautiful fabrics. I love the leaders and enders method. It’s like getting a quilt for free – almost.

7. dezertsuz says:

Wonderful leader-ender! Enjoy the relaxed life. =)

8. Sue B says:

Katy, Could you explain the process of leader/enders a little more? I see you do these often & I
    really don’t know how it works. Thanks! Hope you’re enjoying your time in Arizona

9. Civil war fabrics will look completely different and still be easy to chain piece as leader/ enders- great idea

10. Ariane says:

I love this type of sewing! You get a quilt while making another. I’m going the same, but with 1.5 inch squares. But I am making the cover quilt from Bonnie Hunters new book.

11. I really liked your first one too, and this one will be just as pretty! It’s an easy pattern, but so effective. Have fun playing! 🙂

12. Sandra B says:

Love it, Katy! Your earlier rectangle quilt was beautiful, and I cannot wait to see this one done in CW fabrics! Love both of the settings you are considering…looking forward to seeing what you decide….

Looks great, I love CW fabrics. Hugs,

14. Oh my gosh – that will be great with those fabrics!

15. Oh what fun! Love those fabrics. And, I like the first setting best. Have fun with them.

16. Cathy says:

I always enjoy seeing your new projects. I see I have a lot of the fabrics you are using. Hope you are enjoying your time house sitting. Hugs

17. I’m working on a leaders/enders project with rectangles too!!. My fabric is a truly scrappy mess of all the leftovers from my projects this past year. I was playing with layout this weekend and liked the second one you have pictured (zigzag)…but I’m prone to change my mind, so we’ll see!

18. Those colors look wonderful together. Great project for using up scraps.