Slow Stitching Sunday ~ Caskets

I have the smallest of starts on this project. I hope to cut some more pieces for this project today

Most of the marking got done at a wonderful sewing day last Monday with Zenia and a couple other new quilty friends. I have met the nicest people here! This couple didn’t know me at all, but they welcomed me into their home and even made me lunch!

Yesterday, I crossed a non-quilty item off my bucket list. I completed a 5k walk/run. It was my very first and I did better than I expected!

Every day in our country, we lose 22 veterans to suicide as a result of PTSD. That breaks my heart. The proceeds from this run benefit the 22 Too Many organization which seeks to help those who have given so much to our nation. Participants had photos pinned to their backs to run in honor of that person. This hero was the same rank as Daughter  #2.

My results are not impressive by most standards, but I finished and I wasn’t last!

I’ve already signed up for my next 5k! But first, I need some slow stitching.

Linking up with Kathy’s Quilts

9 Responses to Slow Stitching Sunday ~ Caskets

1. Sarah says:

You definitely deserve some slow Sunday stitching, and well done on completing your first 5K run 🏃 and such a very worthy cause!

2. Sandra Croley says:

I love reading about your 5k experience. I’ve recently joined a “learn to run” class. I’ve never been an athlete, but am having so much fun and am so proud of myself. In two weeks I’ll be involved in my first 5k….which is a Santa run! Everyone gets a Santa suit to wear. I can’t wait! Your results are great. I know I won’t be the fastest, but I hope I do fairly well.

3. CathieJ says:

Congrats on the 5K!. Love those pieces.

4. That is amazing! Good for you!
    Hope you enjoyed some slow stitching time today!

5. karenlogcabinquilter says:

Is there a hard template available for the casket shape that could be used for rotary cutting?

6. dezertsuz says:

Katydid, that’s a wonderful finish! So much better than I would have done, I know. I’m comfortable with an 18 minute mile. =) Congratulations for crossing something off your bucket list, and walking for such a great cause. I think I’m going to like your new quilt, but what a name! LOL Your new quilting friends sound quite nice.

7. karenlogcabinquilter says:

I found a source for a template.

8. Zenia Rene says:

What a great cause to run for and a fantastic finish. Kudos! I’m honored to know you, Katy.

9. I’m so happy you gave it a try. And 42 minutes is awesome!! And it was for a great cause.