My Sewing Space

I have done a bit of rearranging in the bedroom to create a sewing area. There is a totally empty room I could use, but  this has the best light.

I placed a cutting mat on the dresser.

This is the view from my sewing machine. It is nice being able to watch Netflix  while I sew!

I already have a scrap bucket started!

There is a bed for the room recently vacated by the house sitter that quit. Daughter #2 used this as a guest room and has a bed to go in here. For now, I decided the mattress would make a good design wall!

I pinned my Fons and Porter design wall sheet to it. The light is good in here during the day so it works for me.

14 Responses to My Sewing Space

1. piecefulwendy says:

I used to have a tv close by while I quilted. I miss it, but music suffices. Hope you are enjoying Call the Midwife. I watched an episode last night that required kleenex. Good thing I wasn’t quilting, I suppose! Looks like you have a nice set up, design wall included!

2. Woohoo! Nice space! Light makes all the difference, no matter if you have to share it with a bed!

3. Quiltmouse says:

Nice sewing space. Light is so very important to me for sewing as well as cutting. It’s nice to have a TV to keep you company. I also like sewing near a window so I can watch the world. Looks like you are all set to get a lot of sewing done! Enjoy!!

4. anudge says:

Clever!

5. dezertsuz says:

That’s a convenient little corner and if you get locked in your bedroom, you have something to do! LOL

6. Sharon says:

Nice sewing area set up. Great idea for a design wall too!

7. Val W says:

You are very creative with your work space. Don’t get used to all that ‘luxury’! lol

8. Sandra B says:

Love it! Even away from home, you have quite a set-up!! Right down to a design wall!
    Looks like a cheerful, efficient setting to crank out those quilting projects….

9. Betty says:

Great sewing space–never thought about using a mattress as a design wall

10. Great ideas! I see you don’t remove your salvages before you cut your fabrics. Have you never considered doing that so you could save the selvages and do some selvage quilting?

11. Ah, the quilter’s best friend – adaptability! Looks like a good work station.

12. Kathi says:

Love your new sewing space! And I love how clever you have utilized everything… I have an LBOW 301 I use as my main piecing machine! 🙂 Love her too!!! Great idea to use a mattress to hold your design wall too! Thanks for sharing Katy! Kathi

13. Especially like the improve design wall and all the lovely natural light.

14. It looks great – love the idea of the mattress for a design wall!