Finish It Up Friday ~ Lemoyne Star

Well this finish has certainly been a long time coming! I think I started making these blocks at the end of the last century! That would be 1999. LOL They are all hand pieced using 1930s reproduction fabrics. I made these 25 blocks and then they sat in a bag all these years.

Once I decided how to quilt this, the quilting went fairly fast.

Here’s a look at the back.

I didn’t have enough of the green so I added a piece of this yellow Denyse Schmidt print. I used the same yellow print for the binding.

Here are some pics after washing. I love that it truly looks like a vintage quilt!

I love that texture!

Linking up with  Confessions of a Fabric AddictCrazy Mom QuiltsFort Worth Fabric StudioSew Can She, Busy HandsGeorgia Girl Quilts

This entry was posted in Baby Quilts, Finishes, UFOs, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Lemoyne Star

1. Bronwyn Miller says:

The green sashing just makes those stars shine. The fabrics are beautiful and the quilt is gorgeous. It is so nice to see those hand pieced blocks sparkle. A great finish. Cheers. Bronwyn

2. Julie in GA says:

Beautiful quilt! I love those 30’s prints, and I have many of the same fabrics. You have motivated me to finish the baby quilt I was making from them. Congrats on finishing an old UFO!

3. Beautiful! And I bet it felt so good to cross this off your list. Lovely colors; and I think the quilting added just the right amount of crinkly goodness to this one. Thanks for linking up to TGIFF this week!

4. Pat K says:

I love how this quilt turned out! Really like your quilting choices too…..Great choices!
    Congratulations on finishing another UFO!

5. sewmakeme says:

That’s utterly beautiful!

6. piecefulwendy says:

Very pretty quilt, Katy! I love the vintage look!

7. beautiful pattern and the quilting just makes it all shine!! congrats on finishing up an old UFO!!

8. Quiltmouse says:

Looks beautiful! Hand piecing does take some time, but I do enjoy it when I get a chance. I love seeing how you pressed the seams. Nice Finish!

9. Chantal L. says:

GORGEOUS!! It is soooo gorgeous. Congratulations. Believe me, the back of my star wouldn’t look that good. Excellent work. ;^)

10. 1999, this certainly takes WIP to a whole new Level 😉 I LOVE the quilting, especially the part on the beautiful sage green sashing!

Absolutely Beautiful!!! Hugs,

12. Sharon says:

You did it again! Another gorgeous quilt! Don’t you just love 1930s fabrics?

13. Cécile says:

This quilt is simply stunning Katy !
    Congratulations !

14. Rochelle Summers says:

Beautiful quilt. The colors are bright and cheerful…reminiscent of feed sack quilts.

15. anudge says:

Stunning! It does look like a vintage quilt, and the quilting is fabulous.

16. Jan Horn says:

Really beautiful. Looks vintage.

17. Katy it is just gorgeous – practically perfect in every way! Your quilting is beautiful.

18. Zenia Rene says:

lovely finish. Is the quilting in the border a panto?

19. Carie says:

it may have taken you since the last millenium but oh wow is it worth the wait! I love the quilting and the fabrics are just beautiful – what a lovely finish 🙂

20. This turned out wonderful!

21. I love it! Your quilting is amazing. I’m sure you’re glad to have this in the finished pile.

22. Sandra B says:

Awesome quilt, Katy! I love LeMoyne Star quilts, and using the 30’s reproduction fabric was a perfect choice….I like the green sashing strips and using the yellow corner stones really added so much….so did the yellow binding…. And the quilting is great!
    Can you tell that I love everything about this quilt?! Well, I do! Thanks for sharing!!

I do believe this is one of my favorites EVER of your many quilts (as if it’s even possible to have a favorite).

24. Susan Snooks says:

What a pretty quilt! Are you wondering why you waited so long to get this finished!

25. Beautiful! Love the quilting and the colors.

26. Barb says:

Katy,
    I love this quilt! Did you use a ruler to do the border pattern? I’m just getting started with my HQ16 and looking for ideas to get me started. Thanks for all your great posts and ideas.
    Barb

27. Terri Bertalan says:

Katy, I just love this quilt and it’s vintage look. Thank you for sharing all your quilts with us.