Quilt Alongs

There are a couple QALs going on right now that I wanted to let you all know about. The first is being hosted by Lori over at Humble Quilts called Quilts Madder. It will be a small quilt and though part two came out yesterday, it would only take an hour or so to get caught up. This is what I have done so far.

I need to sew my HSTs together and then I will be ready for step three which comes out next Friday.

There is also another QAL starting over on the Yahoo group, Mystery Quilts 4 Military. Alycia from Alycia Quilts is running this one. She always does a great job as well. One option for this one was to do a two color quilt. I’ve decided to do mine in red and white. I’m headed down to Ikea today to pick up these:

I’ve been using these for a while now and love them. And you can’t beat the price for a decent quality 100% cotton! I buy the white by the bolt. It is very similar in color to Kona Snow.

Join in and sew along with us!

9 Responses to Quilt Alongs

1. Cécile says:

I think “madders” are my favourite prints in repro fabrics and when I discovered the swap of Lori, I was very happy ! And yes I’m in !!! 🙂

2. Malinda says:

Thanks for the IKEA fabric tip. I’ll be sure to check it out next time I’m there. Love it that their fabrics are about 60″ wide, no piecing for smaller quilts!! I always love seeing your projects – both piecing and quilting. Thanks for sharing!

3. piecefulwendy says:

So is this QAL scrappy? I might have enough madder prints hanging around my shelves, so I’m considering this. Thanks!

I’m doing the one from Humble Quilts too! Hugs,

5. Quiltmouse says:

I’ve heard about IKEA fabric, but have never found it at my store. I guess I should ask when I’m there – huh? LOL!! Definitely worth checking out. A 2 color quilt is on my bucket list. I’m doing 3 QALs right now, plus sewing for Christmas – guess I’ll not add any more to my plate, but these look like fun!!

6. Man, I wish I lived closer to an Ikea! 🙂 Your red and white quilt will be gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the info on the QAL’s. I’ll be sure to check them out!

7. I have one starting 2016 Christmas Sew Along… the materials has been released and we start on Oct 26

8. Oh my…what a great price on fabric. Our Ikea store is being built, with an opening of next fall. But I’m sure we won’t get the same great pricing as in the USA.

9. Zenia Rene says:

Hmmm. I’m thinking a trip to Ikea is in order! Thanks for the heads up.