TBThursday ~ Solids

I have another TBT post for you today, this time, I am showing  quilts I have made with solid fabrics. Not a print to be found here today! I love that solids are so versatile and at times, I think I could work with them forever and never get bored!

First is my calendar quilt, finished last year but started in May of 2010.

IMG_4935

I made these two baby quilts last summer and they have been gifted..

IMG_4009 IMG_4039

This is another oldie, dating back to 2005 or so. It reminds me of cinnamon rolls.

IMG_4028

I still love this vintage cheddar top that I finished a couple years ago.

IMG_1645

I made this one ages ago to hang in our school room when we were still home schooling. My baby just graduated from college so you KNOW that was a long time ago!

IMG_1256

This one still lives here at home with me. Apparently, I never get tired of 16 patches either!

IMG_1538

This Tree Everlasting quilt was made as a Quilt of Valor.

20140111-210551.jpg

I liked it so much, that I made a miniature version for myself!

IMG_6144

I’ve made many others with solids and I am sure there are many more to come.

Linking up with My Quilt Infatuation

This entry was posted in Solids, Throwback Thursday. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to TBThursday ~ Solids

1. Sandra B says:

Love all these quilts, Katy!
    My favorites are the vintage cheddar quilt and the 16 patch quilt….
    I almost never use solids, and I am not sure why…..I guess I started out all those many years ago using prints and just stuck with that….I do use a lot of tone on tone fabrics for backgrounds, and from a distance they read as solid….
    I really need to make an effort to use solids more often…thanks for the inspiration!

2. piecefulwendy says:

What a fun post! I love all of the quilts, but the cheddar quilt is my favorite. I will, at some point, make a cheddar for myself. It’s on my bucket list. (I didn’t know you home schooled — me too!)

3. Jayne says:

How fun revisiting your quilts! Can’t go wrong with solids…ever!

4. Sharon says:

I loved your little quilt show! My favorites are the cheddar, the red and white alphabet and the 16-patch. I never work with solids…I don’t know why. A long time ago, I started a little Amish quilt but never finished the hand quilting on it. I really love tiny little prints and don’t have many solids at all, but I’m always attracted to two color quilts. I would like to do a red and white quilt someday…maybe I should consider solids. It really amazes me how much you accomplish. You seem to have boundless energy. I am so jealous!

5. Zenia Rene says:

Very nice. Cinnamon Rolls & Tree Everlasting are my faves in this bunch. Thx for sharing.

6. Diane says:

Love them all!

I love seeing quilts you have made! They are all so wonderful. Hugs,

8. Terri Bertalan says:

I just love your quilt layouts and your quilting,