Slow Stitching Sunday ~ Daisies AGAIN!

Are you sick of these yet? Surprisingly, I am not yet!

This is what the back looks like in case you were wondering. Not the neatest, but it is good enough for me!

Many have commented on my vintage looking fabrics. These blocks were actually purchased at an estate sale. They date to around the 1940s. The flowers and stems were already basted down so I just have the fun part to do. There are 20 blocks total and I have 14 done now. I have started to think about how I want to set up.

I will have to square them up since they are not exactly the same size!

Linking up with Kathy’s Quilts

24 Responses to Slow Stitching Sunday ~ Daisies AGAIN!

1. Deb says:

Nope, not sick of seeing these pretties! How about on point with the stems down?

2. You are moving along quickly on these. How luck to find them and your right the fun part was just waiting for you. Looking forward to how you will set them?

3. Judy in MO says:

These blocks are adorable! How about using Square in a Square additions to put them on point? That would help with the sizing problem too.

4. Gail says:

Looking great!!! Are you going to use sashing and cornerstones?

5. Stephie says:

Great fun! It must feel good to be able to finish up something someone else started and put away for so long. The prints really are lovely 🙂

6. Bronwyn Miller says:

Your blocks are coming along beautifully with a truly lovely vintage feel. They are going to look wonderful when sewn into a quilt.
    Bronwyn

7. CathieJ says:

Those flowers make me smile every time you post them. I think it is wonderful that you rescued those blocks at an estate sale and are now finishing them.

8. karenlogcabinquilter says:

Very vintage look. I like!

9. Julierose says:

Oh I love seeing your progress and I really like that second setting with one row in one direction and the next in another–Gives a lot of movement to them..hugs, Julierose

10. such a nice old fashion favorite

11. Barbara says:

These are really pretty. I look forward to seeing them when completed and how you finish them. I love the cornerstone and square in a square ideas. How about one more? Have the four stems meet in the middle? I guess it all depends on how big you see the finished size of the quilt. .It’s truly a creative gift to see things In varieties of ways.

12. Cécile says:

No no no, i’m not sick about these beautiful blocks ! I love them ….and I’m jaleous ! 😉

You’re moving right along! How about considering a plain muslin square between each where you can duplicate the floral design? No matter what you decide, it will be fabulous once you quilt it.

14. Kathy Hoback says:

I am so happy to think how joyful the woman would be if she knew that someone with so much skill and creativity was the one who ended up with her quilt blocks. I’m so glad you are the one who saved them, Katy!

15. Not at all tired! They’re so pretty, and so beautifully done. Amazing fabrics, too. You’ll have such a sweet little quilt when you’re done, regardless of how you set them. Have you thought of trying on point?

16. anudge says:

Such lovely hand stitching, Katy.

17. Linda Dutch says:

Very pretty daisies, love the fabrics!

18. Kathi says:

Katy the more I see these sweet daisies and how you are finishing them .. the more I am IN LOVE with them! lol Glad you are still enjoying them as I am too! No reproduction fabrics there either… they are the real mccoy it seems! Great for you!!! Have a happy day with your slow stitching stellar progress… just a few more to go before your decision time will be at hand on how much to trim and how to set them… maybe on point?? Kathi

19. Robin says:

I love vintage fabrics so seeing the daisies again makes me smile.

20. These look great. The vintage fabrics are beautiful.

21. piecefulwendy says:

How fun to see them come together! I know you’ll come up with a great layout and then some amazing quilting!

22. Absolutely gorgeous!!!!

23. Ariane says:

These are amazing.

24. Brenda Jenkins says:

I’d like the petal pattern if it’s available. Are these placed on 10 inch blocks.