Finish It up Friday ~ Modern Diamonds!

Red/black/white week is coming to an end!  This certainly was a fast finish! Sometimes,  that is just what you need for a little motivational boost.

All the top fabrics came from my stash, but I did purchase the backing since I couldn’t find anything at home that I liked.

I used Candy Apple Red Glide thread in both the top and the bobbin.

The above pictures were  taken before washing. The rest are after.

It crinkled up nicely! I love the texture from the quilting.

I hope the happy couple likes it!

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric AddictCrazy Mom QuiltsThe Carpenter’s Daughter Who Quilts

This entry was posted in Finishes, Fresh Modern Quilts, Modern Quilts, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Finish It up Friday ~ Modern Diamonds!

1. Kathi says:

such a wonderful finish Katy! I sure do hope the lovely couple LOVE this quilt! 😉 Kathi

2. Kathy D. says:

What a sweet quilt– hard to imagine the lucky recipients not being thrilled with it!

3. This is absolutely stunning! Your use of color here is divine. And i love the quilting!

4. Val W says:

I really like the simplicity of this quilt. It is so striking!

5. This is a gorgeous quilt. I love the backing and the use of the red thread.

6. piecefulwendy says:

Oh my, Katy! It is truly gorgeous! I like the crisp look of the quilt, and the wavy quilting is just so right for it. I can’t imagine that the couple will be anything but delighted!

7. Linda Mincher says:

WOW! That turned out great! I love that quilt. Great job Katy!

8. Quiltmouse says:

What a marvelous quilt! I love the contrast and the pop of red. The wavy quilting goes great against the straight line piecing. You did a good job and I’m sure they will love it.

9. mindingmomma says:

Looks fantastic! Love the texture.

10. What a stunning quilt. It’s truly breathtaking

11. Terri Bertalan says:

I love it! I too love black, white and red. Love your design too

12. Kat Scribner says:

I love the quilting on this one, just right!

13. Louise says:

Amazing, Katie!

14. Striking, elegant, and I’m sure they will LOVE this quilt.

15. Diane says:

Lovely.

16. quiltdivajulie says:

Striking and elegant. Well done!!

17. Jayne says:

I love this…love, love! I think all your choices were the right ones…color, quilting, design!

18. Sandra B says:

Love this quilt, Katy! I have said it before, but I think simple shapes produce some amazing quilts and this is no exception! I typically use as many different fabrics in a quilt as possible, but the use of only a few fabrics in this one yielded the modern look you were going for….well done!!
    And the quilting was perfect!
    I am sure this will be a treasured gift and the happy couple will enjoy using it for many years to come….Thanks for sharing!!

19. Julie in WA says:

Phenomenal! It deserves a ribbon! The wavy quilting adds movement to the stark contrasting colors and angles. I can’t stop studying this one!

20. Julia Graber says:

I really like the simplicity of this quilt. It is strikingly beautiful!

21. anudge says:

Wow – you zoomed to that finish. Gorgeous!

22. Cécile says:

Wow ! No doubt it will like it ! That’s a wonderful finish Katy ! Bravo !

23. Oh I love it! The texture of your quilting really adds to it too. Wonderful 🙂

24. This is so SHARP!!! Now THAT is a wonderful modern quilt. Everything about it just goes together. The colors, the pattern, the quilting. I’m more of a traditionalist myself but I LOVE this! This would win prizes at a fair, I have no doubt.

Wow, that is a gorgeous quilt! I’m sure they will love it. Hugs,

26. La Ha says:

Like it very much!

27. Jen says:

This is bold, modern and a great finish. Love the wavy quilting in contrast to the geometric design.

28. therese penders says:

love it, Katy. It is modern, yet I don’t actually like modern. But i love this one.

29. What a great quilt! I would say you definitely hit the target with this one. It is perfect!

30. Viv Privat says:

Very striking quilt!

31. I love how this quilt turned out. I love the contrast of the wavy quilting with the bold lines of the quilt design. I am sure they will love it! Thanks so much for sharing and linking up with TGIFF last week.