Why I am (And Will Continue To Be) a No Reply Blogger

Calais

Have you ever been told you are a No-Reply Blogger? Yeah, me too. If you blog using Blogger or you have a gmail account, there are  fixes. Many, many posts have been written to show how you can fix this issue.

However, these will NOT work if you are a WordPress blogger and do not have a G-Mail account!

There are some very good explanations of the issues posted on these blogs:

DIY Budget Girl (best explanation I have found)

Piecemeal Quilts

SewsNBows

****

If you want the short version of the story, check out these quotes.

Piecemeal Quilts wrote:

“It isn’t because I’m deliberately trying to be difficult. If I could change it, I would. But I’m not the problem – your platform is. WordPress users, TypePad users, Tumblr and Moveable Type users – none of us have a problem with no reply bloggers. Only Blogger users face this issue. See, Google doesn’t want to share the sandbox, so they’re making it difficult for people using other platforms to play. Anyone who blogs on a platform other than Blogger will always show up as a no reply blogger.”

The following is taken from the WordPress forum:

“We cannot help you here with that. WordPress.com recognizes your blogger identity but Blogger does not. In reference to Blogger ie. commenting on blogspot blogs the issue is on the other end.”

****

The only current work around I have found, requires me to get a G-Mail account, create a Blogger profile, and respond to comments from there.

So while I love you all, love reading your blogs, and leaving you comments, I am not going to create  G-Mail and Blogger accounts in order to NOT be a no reply blogger.

The fact of the matter is, I do not want any more accounts than I already have. I also will not comment at all if it means the extra steps of  logging in and out of additional accounts to do so. I am too lazy for that and my time is valuable.

I am not ever offended when people do not respond to the comments I leave on their blog! Ever! And if I really want a response, I leave an e-mail addy in my comment.

So there you have it. I don’t mean to come across snarky. And I appreciate people taking the time to let me know that I am a NRB, but that isn’t going to change.

PS The picture at the beginning of this post has absolutely nothing to do with anything written here. I just can’t have a post without a quilt picture!

10 Responses to Why I am (And Will Continue To Be) a No Reply Blogger

1. Gretchen says:

I am a no-reply blogger too. I don’t reply to all the comments left on my blog and I certainly don’t expect people to reply to my comments. And I certainly don’t need more stuff so I’m not disappointed not to be eligible for drawings. Life is too short to be concerned about such things. Blessings, Gretchen

2. Cécile says:

Ah ! Ah ! You know I use WordPress but i have a Gmail account because : to send some photos it’s better than Yahoo and like that, I am not a No-reply blogger ! 😉

3. Paula says:

Thank you! I caved to the pressure and fixed the issue, but I didn’t like having to do it. Like you, I also don’t like having to log in to post a comment. I do have a Gmail account, but hate having to log in to post. I never stay logged in to any online accounts, as I feel it isn’t safe. Thanks again for sticking up for the other guys.

I totally understand.

5. anudge says:

It’s okay of you’re a no reply blogger because you have very helpfully left your email under your about me tab. I like that because it makes me have to go to your blog and I get to see more eye candy that way. Blessings

6. anudge says:

PS: And it is an amazing quilt!

7. Thanks for explaining it! I had no idea it worked this way.

8. Judi Smith says:

Thank you for the explanation. Not being a blogger I didn’t realize you could not reply…..but it never has bothered me….I’m used to talking to myself!! Love following you and I’m really glad you finished Brinton Hall! It is gorgeous!

9. Janet O. says:

Interesting info, Katy. Thanks for sharing.
    However, most of the “no-reply” comments I receive are from people who have google accounts and don’t even realize why they aren’t getting replies. They are unaware of their setting options–especially those that are Google+..

10. Barb says:

Because I am not a blogger your explanation went over my head. I had to comment on the quilt though. It is fabulous, and yes I had to trace through it to se if actually was a maze. Lol. Love it! I so enjoy all of your posts and totally amaze me with the amount of quilting you get done. Thank you for sharing!