Throwback Thursday! ~ Red and Black Quilts!

Since I am in a red/black/white quilt mood, I thought I would share some of my past quilts made in this color scheme. Red is my favorite color and nothing makes it pop like white and black (and a wee bit of gray!).

These were all made back in 2008. This first one was made as a result of some ponderings on the word, justice. This verse just resonates with me still.

This was quilted on one of my domestic machines, can’t remember which one now. Probably my Singer 201 or 15.

Looking at this now, it reminds me a bit of the current graffiti quilting phase!

I remember randomly cutting the strips for the next one and just playing. After putting them together, all I could see was a reflection on water, so I added the red setting sun.

I still love this next one, just looking at it takes me back to the time I made it and the things that were going on in my life at the time.

Hope you enjoyed a look back at these quilts!

Linking up with A Quarter Inch From The Edge, My Quilt Infatuation

This entry was posted in Art Quilts, Throwback Thursday, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Throwback Thursday! ~ Red and Black Quilts!

1. Barb Vedder says:

amazing work! I love your Throwbacks!

I love your red and black quilts! Hugs,

3. piecefulwendy says:

I keep scrolling up and down, trying to decide which I like best. I can’t decide; I like them all! I love the contrast of those colors! The verse is definitely worth pondering as well 🙂

4. Sandra says:

These are 3 amazing quilts Katy! I especially like the setting sun one.

5. anudge says:

All so very modern; all so very nice. Thank you for sharing.

6. Paige says:

Setting Sun is my favorite! I just love black, white and red together! Thanks for sharing!

7. Lena says:

They are amazing! I have never used such a bold color schemed I have great respect for how well you pulled it off!

8. Louise says:

Thank you for sharing, my favorite is the setting sun as well…

9. JanineMarie says:

These quilts make a really neat grouping. I feel like I’m at an art show. (And I’ve been thinking a lot about justice lately, so thanks for that.)

10. Love the quilting on the Justice quilt! Thanks for linking up with Throwback Thursday @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge!