Design Wall Monday ~ Another UFO…..Sort of….

Em, over at Em’s Scrapbag, has a linky party on Monday’s called Moving It Forward. The idea is to share forward movement on any project. I really like this concept. There isn’t any pressure to share a finish, just encouragement to take another step toward the goal. In fact, I like this idea so much, that as I wander around my sewing room deciding what to work on, I find myself looking at UFOs and thinking, what do I need to do to move this forward? And that is exactly what I am doing with this one.

I listed this in my UFO parade at the beginning of the year.

I’m finally ready to start working on it again; but, I threw most of it out and decided to start over.

I have the same vision for this project, but in thinking about moving this project forward, I changed my mind about the process I will take to get there. Anyone want to guess where I am headed with this?

Linking up with Em’s Scrap BagLove Laugh QuiltCooking Up QuiltsPatchwork Times

This entry was posted in Design Wall Monday, UFOs, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Design Wall Monday ~ Another UFO…..Sort of….

1. I have to admit I freaked a bit when I read “threw it out”…but then I calmed down and realized I have a project or two that I might do the same to. 🙂 Looking forward to seeing where you are taking this now! Thanks for linking up to Main Crush Monday.

2. Kathy Hoback says:

THREW IT OUT???? No, you didn’t…did you???

3. Bonnie in Va says:

Ok, I’ll rise to the challenge — maybe just a simple four patch! If the motivation is to finish and remove a project from the UFO pile, simplicity would be the fastest, easiest way to go forward. I too like the idea of move it forward. It is so less stress. I find the motivation of finishing often motivates me especially at the end of a month. It’s a toss up. Sigh.

4. anudge says:

Haven’t a clue – so many ways you could go. I’d be tempted to put some bigger blocks in there now and then.

5. Good for you for abandoning the course that was no longer appealing! Will be fun to see how you reinvent this UFO.

6. Nann Hilyard says:

I looked up your UFO Parade post to see if I could get a better idea of what the black/white blocks are supposed to be, but I couldn’t. Sometimes blocks (or even flimsies) are so unappealing the best choice is to discard them — the guilt (I could have rescued this!) doesn’t last long and the relief is refreshing!

7. Kate says:

It’s definitely a dramatic color combination. Looking forward to seeing where you take this.

8. Emily Bailey says:

Can’t wait to see where you go next.

Throw it out?? WHAT??? That’s not like you, Katy. I’m curious as to where you’re going to go with this black and white fabric.