Moving Slowly Forward

Tuesday was not a good day here. I woke up with a stomach bug and accomplished exactly nothing all day. Therefore, there was nothing to post yesterday. Thankfully, I am feeling better and have made some progress today. This quilt is in the frame and half quilted.

I decided to use my Baptist a Fan pattern boards. I am using Pellon 80/20 batting, MagnaGlide Classics bobbins, and Superior Mono-Poly on top. I hope to finish the quilting today.

I worked a bit on my basket block for the Gwennie Inspired Medallion QAL while watching some TV with the mister last night.

These circles are far from round! LOL! Have a great day!

Linking up with My Quilt Infatuation

10 Responses to Moving Slowly Forward

1. YANICKA says:

it is ok….in nature thinks are never round (it is my story)

2. Sandra B says:

Glad to hear that you are feeling better!
    I think the Baptist Fan is a perfect choice for this quilt….
    Your appliqué is coming along nicely!!

3. I’m glad you’re feeling better. I’ve learned that what might seem wonky up close rarely is from normal viewing distance. 😉 Love the Baptist Fan quilting and love that quilt … it’ll be absolutely spectacular when finished.

4. piecefulwendy says:

I found a really good method for circle applique using Erin Russek’s method (her blog is One Piece at a Time). It’s requires a few more steps to the process, but makes the circles nice and smooth and is less stressful.

5. Hope you’re feeling better. Take it easy.

6. Wendy Reed says:

Sorry to hear you had a bad day. Tuesdays are like that sometimes! I can’t wait to see your basket center!

7. Glad you are on the mend! Your baptist fans are WONDERFUL!! And so are your circles!!

I, too, am glad to hear you’re feeling better today. What a difference a day can make, huh? I love the fan quilting from the little I can see so far. May you feel even better as the day goes on, Katy

9. anudge says:

Sorry to hear about your tummy troubles – hope that is all gone now. Lovely quilting there.

10. susanna0841 says:

Get well soon Katy. Love the hand quilting. I notice using this forum my blog addy doesn’t show, so I’m going to type it in so you can take a look if you’d like to 🙂