Design Wall Monday

Hello friends! I hope you all had a great weekend. We did, in spite of that snow yesterday! I finally spent some time in the sewing room and instead of working on projects already started, I began cutting for something new. No discipline, I tell ya!

I’ve been wanting to make a quilt with 60 degree diamonds for a while and since my Civil War scrap tub was sitting out, I started cutting. I am using these dies.

The block above uses 4 of the smaller diamonds. I will eventually cut alternate diamonds out with the larger die. I focused yesterday on cutting the sets of smaller diamonds.

I don’t really know where I am going with this, as usual. I really should be working on these:

Or these:

Or this:

I did make more progress on my Gwennie inspired Medallion for the QAL. I’ll share more of that when I get a bit further along.

Just for fun, here is one of my grand dogs enjoying the quilts I made for her.

Have a good one!

Linking up with Em’s Scrap BagLove Laugh QuiltCooking Up QuiltsPatchwork Times

This entry was posted in Accuquilt Studio Cutter, Civil War Repro Quilts, Scraps, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Design Wall Monday

1. I should break down and get the diamond dies from Accuquilt. I end up using a strip ruler and rotating on the mat until I get the cuts from there. Still accurate…but not as fast!

2. Snow? Yikes! Where did spring go?? I can’t wait to see what you’re going to do with those diamonds.

3. Wendy Reed says:

It’s always more fun to start something new than to work on something already started! I love the picture of your grand dog on your quilt. Don’t they love a good quilt! Can’t wait to see your Gwennie center!

4. Jayne says:

How funny! I usually start projects and never know where they will take me either! I’m sure you will come up something spectacular! OMG…snow?! I’m so glad it has warmed up here!

5. Kathy Hoback says:

Katy – love that log cabin block. I must’ve missed a couple posts because I don’t remember reading about that one. Gorgeous!

6. Sandra B says:

Love those diamonds! Cannot wait to see what you do with them….Civil War fabrics are my favorites!
    Starting yet another project?! Isn’t that what we are supposed to do?! We cannot let ourselves run out of something to work on…have to have options…right?? That is my story, and I’m sticking to it! Seriously, I think I work better when I know there are plenty of projects in various stages of completion…makes quilting much more interesting…everything gets done eventually….

7. Dar says:

Your diamonds will tell you what they want you to make with them. Just keep cutting and sewing them. You have some very pretty other projects to work on too. I know how easy it is to start something new — that’s why I have 70+ UFOs now. No discipline at all!!!

8. Kate says:

Snow? I guess it has been a pretty cool spring. Love your diamonds. I have one of those on my bucket list. Looking forward to seeing where you take yours.

9. Emily Bailey says:

Diamond quilts are great! Your Civil War fabric will be perfect.

10. Of course you had to start a new project – that’s what we are *suppose* to do! LOL It’s time for me to buy some more dies for my cutter – I always love what you do with yours!