This and That and a Bit of Slow Stitching

It has been a great weekend here so far. After church, I may be taking a road trip with Daughter #3 for some shopping. So that meant casting about for a hand project. I pulled out this oldie that I haven’t worked on in ages. I think scrap quilts will always be my favorites.

I would be happy to just get that partial row finished. Right now, this is about 48 by 56 inches or so. I’m not sure how big I want this to be.

I joined a Facebook group for people buying and selling Accuquilt dies etc. Its called Accuquilt Sales. Someone posted a note that this die was on clearance online and they got it price matched in the store.

I know, I know, I said no more log cabins for me. But this is not paper piecing and the cutting will be a breeze. The logs finish at an inch wide.

I stopped at a little antique shop last week and found this vintage pants hanger.

It’s perfect for hanging my little quilts. Now to find a place to hang the hanger.

I haven’t done any piecing in over a week and I’m looking forward to doing some this week. But first, I’m going to take some time to smell the daffodils.

Have a wonderful day!

Linking up with Quilting is More Fun than HouseworkKathy’s Quilts

12 Responses to This and That and a Bit of Slow Stitching

1. Gail says:

What a wonderful scrappy project! Just perfect for some road trip stitching!

2. Enjoy your hexies and daffodils 🙂

3. Kate says:

Love that mini quilt hanger – such a great idea and to be so lucky to find one!

4. Judy in MO says:

The pants hanger is a great find!

5. Jayne says:

I love the vintage pant hanger…so perfect for small quilts! Your hexies are just amazing…a labor of love!

6. lapaylor says:

love a hexie quilt. Yours is scrapilicious

7. The pants hangar for your minis is such a great idea! Enjoy your hexi-sewing road trip today!

8. Jennifer says:

I love how you used the antique pant hanger. Enjoy your shopping road trip and the opportunity to work on your hexies.

9. I’ve had the log cabin dies on my wish list for the longest time. Perhaps if they’re on clearance, I’ll bite the bullet and make the purchase.

I love that little pants hanger turned quilt hanger … cute!

Enjoy your drive. It’s going to be nice here today … I think I’ll sit out on the deck with some hand stitching.

10. Enjoy your road trip! What a great way to spend a Sunday. Thanks for sharing your lovely hexagon quilt with Oh Scrap!

And I say, get the die. I love sewing log cabins, it is all that cutting that I don’t enjoy.

11. Linda Dutch says:

Love your hexi progress! Do you prefer glue or thread basting?

12. Deb says:

Beautiful flower and hopefully you had a wonderful road trip with some stitching.