This and That and a Bit of Slow Stitching

It has been a great weekend here so far. After church, I may be taking a road trip with Daughter #3 for some shopping. So that meant casting about for a hand project. I pulled out this oldie that I haven’t worked on in ages. I think scrap quilts will always be my favorites.

I would be happy to just get that partial row finished. Right now, this is about 48 by 56 inches or so. I’m not sure how big I want this to be.

I joined a Facebook group for people buying and selling Accuquilt dies etc. Its called Accuquilt Sales. Someone posted a note that this die was on clearance online and they got it price matched in the store.

I know, I know, I said no more log cabins for me. But this is not paper piecing and the cutting will be a breeze. The logs finish at an inch wide.

I stopped at a little antique shop last week and found this vintage pants hanger.

It’s perfect for hanging my little quilts. Now to find a place to hang the hanger.

I haven’t done any piecing in over a week and I’m looking forward to doing some this week. But first, I’m going to take some time to smell the daffodils.

Have a wonderful day!

Linking up with Quilting is More Fun than HouseworkKathy’s Quilts

12 Responses to This and That and a Bit of Slow Stitching

1. Deb says:

Beautiful flower and hopefully you had a wonderful road trip with some stitching.

2. Linda Dutch says:

Love your hexi progress! Do you prefer glue or thread basting?

3. Enjoy your road trip! What a great way to spend a Sunday. Thanks for sharing your lovely hexagon quilt with Oh Scrap!

And I say, get the die. I love sewing log cabins, it is all that cutting that I don’t enjoy.

4. I’ve had the log cabin dies on my wish list for the longest time. Perhaps if they’re on clearance, I’ll bite the bullet and make the purchase.

I love that little pants hanger turned quilt hanger … cute!

Enjoy your drive. It’s going to be nice here today … I think I’ll sit out on the deck with some hand stitching.

5. Jennifer says:

I love how you used the antique pant hanger. Enjoy your shopping road trip and the opportunity to work on your hexies.

6. The pants hangar for your minis is such a great idea! Enjoy your hexi-sewing road trip today!

7. lapaylor says:

love a hexie quilt. Yours is scrapilicious

8. Jayne says:

I love the vintage pant hanger…so perfect for small quilts! Your hexies are just amazing…a labor of love!

9. Judy in MO says:

The pants hanger is a great find!

10. Kate says:

Love that mini quilt hanger – such a great idea and to be so lucky to find one!

11. Enjoy your hexies and daffodils 🙂

12. Gail says:

What a wonderful scrappy project! Just perfect for some road trip stitching!