Score!

Remember last week when I told you about the vintage table I was thinking about buying? I had zero time  to go back to the antique mall to give it a second look.

Later, I was checking out estatesales.net and found a sale here with an enamel top table  listed. So you know I had to check it out! I had errands to run so the sale had been open for an hour before I got there.

But my table was waiting for me.

It does have metal legs and I would have preferred the wooden ones, but they are not the “loop” style that I was totally set against. If you Google, enamel top table, you will see what I mean. The top and leaves are in excellent condition, with just one very small chip in the porcelain.

It could use a fresh coat of paint, but I hate to lose the original stencil detail.

Do you see that tag? Sellers was a company out of Indiana and was one of the big names in kitchen furniture back in the day. I found this under neath:

I actually found a Sellers catalog from 1939 that someone scanned and posted online. This table was a new model that year! It was available with blue, black or red trim.
I’m so glad I waited! Oh, you want to know about the price? It was $45. That is $100 less than the one at the antique mall. I am a happy camper!

15 Responses to Score!

1. Diane says:

Wonderful table. Just love these tables. Glad you found what you wanted. Enjoy it. Diane

2. Kathy D. says:

Lovely table; glad you got one! My sister in Indiana has grandma’s kitchen table; it’s yellow porcelain with green accents and had wooden legs, I think. Will have to have her check the year and manufacturer!

3. piecefulwendy says:

Score, indeed! What a great return for the wait. I really like the scratched off/scuffed up area. Enjoy!

4. Christine Sherman says:

Congrats, what a great find!

5. Judy in MO says:

Aren’t you glad you dithered on the other one? Mark that up to good instincts. Great find! Love the red.

6. Paige says:

What a great find!

I’m so thrilled for you, Katy!! The porcelain top with the red detail is just beautiful!! Great find at a great price!

8. I would paint it, but leave the stencilling. I would paint a square around the stencil making it a feature. What do you think?

9. That is a classy table and will be a great addition to your sewing room!

10. Sandra B says:

What a find!!!
    I love it! And, I would definitely NOT paint over the stencil….it is part of the character of the table…. I am so glad you held out for exactly what you wanted, and that you were able to get it at such a good price….win-win, for sure!!

11. What a great table! You got a treasure, for sure.

12. I just love this – serendipity that you found it!!

13. Susan says:

OMG! What a wonderful find! Just what you were looking for, and for a better price. Congratulations!!!

14. Edwina Finet says:

I’m so glad you found it. It does pay to shop, and sometimes “deferring our actions” pays off. Congratulations.

15. Jeanne says:

Love it, Katy. My grandparents use to have one of these tables in their kitchen. I remember eating on it and the silerware in the drawer. 🙂