Finish It Up Friday ~ Simply Style 4 Patch

I finished my Simply Style 4 Patch quilt this week.
The prints all came from this layer cake given to me by Daughter #1. The quilt finished at 56 by 72 inches. I used a pantograph called Yodel to quilt this with Glide thread and Legacy 80/20 batting.

The backing is a new Ralph Lauren sheet. I love the colors and have had great success using sheets for quilt backs. However, this one was a bit too tightly woven and cased some tension headaches!

I have one 4 patch turned the wrong way! Can you see it? I really love simple patterns and this one really allows the beautiful fabric to shine.

Thanks for stopping by!

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, A Quilted Passion,  Faith and Fabric, Sew Can She

This entry was posted in Finishes, Fresh Modern Quilts, Precuts, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Simply Style 4 Patch

1. Kathy D. says:

That’s one sweet quilt, and the fabric really pops in that setting. It was hard to find your wayward 4-patch – of course, I started at the top…. 🙂

2. piecefulwendy says:

What a lovely quilt, and the backing is really nice. I had a little trouble finding the wayward block (might be because I haven’t had my morning coffee yet), but I think it adds a bit of whimsy.

3. Val W says:

I love this one. It looks vintage and modern at the same time.

4. This is a wonderful finish Katy, and the backing is the perfect print. I always forget about using sheets for backing. I found the block but only because you mentioned it…..stop that! 🙂 I agree with Piecefulwendy – it adds an element of fun.

5. Paige says:

It took me awhile, but I found it! Beautiful finish! I love all the colors with the gray and the quilting design is perfect!

6. This is beautiful and I love those Simply Style fabrics! I had to search 3 times before I found the 4-patch you mentioned…so I don’t think anyone else will see it unless you point it out 😉

7. Connie Wegner says:

This is beautiful. Love the fabric and choice of quilting. The “mistake” is not easy to find and is just your humble spot. Wonderful as always.

8. Teresa says:

Lovely quilt. Found the block that is backwards. It’s funny cause when I do this I see it everytime I look at that quilt , but no one else can find it. When I look at mine it makes me relax and know that nothing is perfect and quilting is for fun. Have a great weekend.

9. Alycia says:

I love that!!! What a great color ful quilt. The backing is pretty too – sorry it caused problems. And he is not going the wrong way – that is just an independent block – ha ha!

10. Cécile says:

I quite simply love it !

11. Jayne says:

Such a great finish! Try as we might, sometimes details get away from us. It took me forever to find it…I was going cross eyed!

12. I really love where the darker blue charms fell and how they pop out!!

13. Louise says:

I agree with Val W…simple but lovely to look at! The quilting design is perfect for it. Great quilt.

A fantastic quilt, Katy!! It’s a simple pattern that looks more complex than it really is.I simply MUST make one! By the way, it took me a long time to find the wayward 4 patch. 🙂

15. Great finish! I really like the backing fabric. Sometimes those sheets are difficult to quilt. You never know until you get started on them.

16. Sandra B says:

Great finish! Like a couple of other commenters mentioned, I never think to use a sheet for the backing…will have to keep that in mind….the sheet you chose is perfect for this quilt!
    I did find that wayward block, but not without a lot of searching! I think it adds a bit of charm to the quilt….
    Again….great finish!!

17. Hey, if only one is turned the wrong way, or even 10, you did a fantastic job! Pointing out your errors is not required!

18. Great quilt, independant block or not 🙂

19. Mari says:

Lovely! I’m always so jealous of your quilting. It’s always so flat and perfect. Well, it looks perfect to me, anyway!

20. Jannette B says:

I LOVE this quilt!!! You turned that one 9-patch block around to be your “humility” block, right?(apparently Amish women make one deliberate mistake in every quilt, because only God is perfect!)

21. Barb C says:

I really like this quilt!! What size are the squares for the four patches?

22. This is so pretty! I have a sheet similar to the one you used that I am holding on to for use as a backing. I love the stripes!

23. Joanie says:

Love your quilt and the quilting. The colors are so wonderful. If I hadn’t read one of the comments above I wouldn’t have found the turned around 4 block. I have had many of those didn’t see faux pas until well after he quilt had been finished.

24. Karen says:

Bottom row, next to the Blue square. Took awhile but I found it. Otherwise it is beautiful and you can’t find the error unless you look hard!