Design Wall Monday

I wanted to make another quilt for Happy Chemo as part of the Hands2Help 2016 event. I looked through my UFO list thinking I could kill two birds with one stone.  I pulled out these blocks from a guild swap last year.

These colors look happy to me! The blocks should finish at 12 inches. I put them up on the design wall.

As with most sets of swap blocks, there are variations in size which add to the challenge.  At this point, I think I will set them block to block and add a small border. Hopefully, I can get it in the frame by the end of today.

I haven’t forgotten those triangles from last week!

They are now all pieced and pressed and it is time to play with them once I get the design wall cleaned off!

Linking up with Em’s Scrap BagLove Laugh QuiltCooking Up QuiltsPatchwork Times

13 Responses to Design Wall Monday

1. Bonnie in Va says:

Isn’t it fun to win blocks? I recently won two sets from my guild but neither had a great amount of blocks. I’ll be adding to them eventually! Hope you got them into a top by the end of the day!

2. Kate says:

Bright and fun blocks. Those will make a very happy quilt for someone.

3. These are great blocks. The colours are so vibrant. Good luck.

4. Em says:

Very happy quilt in deed. Sure to bring comfort and peace. Thanks!

5. Nann Hilyard says:

What a great way to use the BOM blocks! this will be a cheerful quit indeed. (And the block pattern would be good for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.)

6. Happy, indeed! Though I can’t imagine chemo ever being happy!

Those ARE happy colors, Katy! I can’t wait to see it finished! And good job with those triangles. Time to play with them!

8. Janet O. says:

Perfect blocks for a happy quilt!

9. I’m looking forward to your triangle project.

10. Ramona says:

What a fun quilt this will be! I love the rogue block made from the lighter colors. This will certainly bring a smile to the recipients face.

11. Charlene S says:

Those are bright and cheerful.

12. Melanie says:

I love how bright and colorful the blocks are. Great job. It will help the recipient feel so bright and cheerful!

13. I do like those blocks, they will make such a joyful quilt that will provide comfort. I’m looking forward to seeing this finish Katy!