I’m still working on my leader/ender project, but I realized this week, that I made a major miscalculation! Yikes!
I was almost completely out of the blue fabric I was using for the alternate rectangles. The fabric I used has been in my stash for at least 15 years. I cut all of it up for this and thought I had just enough. I had half enough! So I made a little trip to my local JoAnn’s. Not a place I love to shop, but I was sure that is where I bought this blue originally. This is what I found:
The picture above shows the 33 blocks I have done at present. Each finishes at 12 inches. I plan to make 64 blocks so the top will be 96 by 96 inches before borders. I think I will add just one 3 or 4 inch border to make it bigger.
And in slow stitching news, I finished the quilting of my 4 patch quilt and I have moved on to finishing the hand sewing on the binding.