DWMonday

I’ve been working on my blocks made from the Dear Betty FQ bundle that Daughter #1 got me for Christmas last year. I love these fabrics! Yes, I was working on these last week as well. But I have more done now!
I got all the red/yellow/blue fabrics sewn into blocks and then stopped. This is what the rest of the fabrics look like.
I love them, and I thought I liked them all together when they were  in the bundle.

But not so much with my red and blue corner triangles.

And this is all I have left of the colors I do like together. Not enough to make another block.

So I decided to do what our quilting ancestors would do. I paired up my leftovers and pieced scraps together to get enough pieces for the rest of the blocks I needed.

I will have 16 blocks when I am done and each block finishes at 18 inches. Now to decide if I want to add sashing and corner stones, or maybe just a wide enough border to get this to work on a queen size bed.

I have nine blocks cut out of the fabrics I have decided not to use, these will make a nice lap size quilt so nothing goes to waste here!

Linking up with Patchwork Times, Em’s Scrapbag, Love Laugh Quilt, Cooking Up Quilts

This entry was posted in Accuquilt Studio Cutter, Design Wall Monday, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to DWMonday

1. Alycia says:

I like those blocks – they are very pretty. LOVE that you used them scrappy!

2. Janet O. says:

Way to “make do”!

3. I really like the arrangement of blocks on the design wall as it is without sashing. Was it the yellow in some of the fabrics that made you change your mind about using them? It does seem a tricky colour when I’m mixing fabrics. Good idea to use them in a lap quilt.

4. Lisa says:

I wasn’t all that taken by the individual blocks, but when I saw them all put together, I thought they were amazing! Nice job

5. I thought the same thing Lisa did, when they all come together, the pattern is so striking!

6. Nann says:

What a great retro design! Actually, I’ll bet the red and blue corners would work with all the fabrics because the eye sees the corners as “frames” and then the miscellany of the prints.

7. Bonnie in Va says:

You e done a beautiful job on those blocks. I recently “looked” at that block somewhere and realized it wasn’t as hard as it looks. Your fabrics look great together. Hope you can get it up to the size you want.

8. Em says:

Love following our ancestors. Your blocks look great! Thanks for linking up.