Slow Stitching Sunday

Did you remember to change your clocks?  We have a busy morning at church ahead, but I plan on some slow stitching when I get home! It is time to add the strips of hexies to the center piece of my Brinton Hall quilt.

Actually, I would be quite pleased to get just one side done as I am so very slow at EPP. I am also prepping a few more scrappy hexies to add to the top and bottom.

I did a bit of slow stitching in the car yesterday as well.

My table runner is finished with mixed results. I will share more on that later this week.

Yesterday was such a lovely day! It was warm and sunny. Mr. Wonderful and I enjoyed a day of bumming around. He has been gone so much on business lately so that made it even better to have the day together. We went to some antique shops and then he surprised me by showing up at a quilt exhibition! I will share more of that later this week as it really deserves a post of its own. I will show you the lovely bag he bought for me there.

How awesome is that? To top it off, we went out to dinner with Daughter #1 and our dear SIL. That meant time with Big E and Little E.

I hope you have a wonderful day!

Linking up with  Kathy’s QuiltsQuilting is More Fun Than Housework

14 Responses to Slow Stitching Sunday

1. daneesey says:

Your hexies look terrific all stitched in rows — I hope you enjoy working on those today! Your quilting is fabulous on your runner–I can’t wait to see a full final photo! And the new bag is just darling; what a sweet hubby! Great final photo, too — sweet smiles! 🙂

2. Kate says:

The hexies look great. Enjoy your slow stitching this afternoon.

3. Deb says:

Such pretty hexes. So glad you enjoyed your day with DH.

I love your purse! It’s so cute. It looks like you all were having fun with the little ones! Hugs,

I love the photo of you, DH and the little ones. The joy on your faces is so heartwarming.

6. Gina says:

It’s so confusing to read about the clocks changing. I keep thinking I’ve messed up. Over here in the UK we don’t change until the end of the month.

7. Karen in Breezy Point says:

Love your hexies and your fun bag! I’m hoping to do a version of Brinton Hall eventually—it’s such a pretty pattern.

8. Love your new purse! Such a great photo with the E’s!
    Enjoy your stitching today!

9. It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! Your hexagon project is coming together nicely. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

10. Jennifer says:

Your hexies are so rich in color. The bag Mr. Wonderful gave you is so cute.

11. Sandra B says:

Love how the hexies are looking! Cannot wait to see them all stitched in place!
    The table runner’s quilting looks awesome! Looking forward to seeing the whole runner….
    Your new bag is great!
    Love the family picture….looks like you were all having a great time!
    Enjoy your slow sewing today!

12. Gail says:

Mr Wonderful is living up to his name! Sounds like a fun weekend…a field trip, time with family, some sewing….what could be better?

13. What a great bag. Big E and Little E are growing. Looks like you had a great time.

14. Looks like a really good day and some happy grandparents and grandchildren! I LIKE that bag, too.